1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did I let it go ...this time?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, May 4, 2010.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Don't ever jump into conclusion, that I let go off the jumping rope..:rotflThis is totally a different concept.

Usually there is a practice in our country, that when you visit Kasi, you had to let go off, your favourite, fruit, vegetable, and the like. When my great grand pa visited that place, one priest asked him to do the same, to which he refused and told the priest that, you had to let go off all the evil things in you and go forward in your inner journey, and not these materialistic things, to which the priest did not know what to say.

Whenever I am at the crossroads of any situation, my last resort is pray to Him that He show us the way, so that I let go off my latest addiction. (maybe got the gene from my great grand pa..:idea. I usually don't pray, I give this and you do this to me..but I take this as an opportunity to 'improve myself) Did I actually improved is out of question..:crazy
    Like this, I had let go off, the coffee, tea, chewing gum, soft drinks and the like in the past years.

This time, when we faced a situation, where we were not able to decide, I did the same thing to Him, and prayed that I let go off watching the TV (which in recent days, became an addiction to me) eventhough not immediately, but after some episodes there..:biggrin2:

He showed us a way and after that no more tensions on our part, eventhough it was not in our favour.

I convinced myself, that He wants me to watch the TV, that's why this kind of favour...:biglaughHowzaat!

Sriniketan

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

Oh! so you still skip the rope-aa, Bhargavi? But I did not feel any tremors here in SFO or Phoenix, where I am visiting family right now! Just kidding, dear friend...:)

:thumbsupWhat an interesting topic on 'Kasi-kku ponaa piditha edai-yavathu vittu vidanum'... 'neenga etha vittel-nnu friends enna kettaa', my reply was 'not any favourite fruit or vegetable, I guess it is better to change myself for the good, henceforth I will not pass judgement on anyone for what they did or did not do'... easier than letting go of coffee, tea, etc... I don't think I can ever do that!

A friend of mine decided never to twist the truth even a wee bit just to get out of a sticky situation... tough one, this letting go, isn't it?

Hope I am the first one to respond to you this time, Bhargavi dear!

Loads of love,
    Padma

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear srini,

whenever i feel you are not to be seen for sometime you suddenly appear here with some interesting topic.hey, you have let go quite a few things.quite some will power :thumbsup
    but i was :biglaugh at your last sentence.See, everything is in our mind.:biglaugh

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Srini, your headlines brought me here to see what interesting message you have here to share with us.

I am really amazed at your GGPA's theory.......let go of the evil in oneself rather than the materialistic things.

Pranams to the great GGPA....

5. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

ST

Present..:hiya yedhuku indha vayasana kalathla idhellam try panittu.. :confused2:
    Atleast try something lik wat I do..I pray n tell Him that I wont eat this that only till the prayer gets fulfilled...indha madhiri neraiya vaati biscuits, chocolates, polo idhellam vitruken. :crazy Namba God’um chinna ponnu paavam yethana naal ipdiyae irukunu seekram bless panniruvaru. Chinna poonuke ipdina vayasanavangala innum fast’a bless pannuvaru..so don’t worry..be happy.. :) Once i told Him that i wont eat anything in the evening (adhagapattadhu lunch kum dinner kum inbetween gap'la sapduvola..andha 'evening snacks'..apdinu mattum nenaichuda koodathu...ragda cutlet, pav bhaji, dahi masala puri indha madhiri oru 'mini lunch' in the evening ) for one month or so..First day evening 4.30 aanadhum bayangara pasi..epdiyo samalichu yenna pandradhunu yosichu next day la irundhu afternoon 'lunch' adhigama sapda aarambichuten..:)

6. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

bhargavi,
    Intersting topic...FIL will not allow to go to kasi now..ennaku innum time irrukku. for going to .kasi.

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srini
    After leaving so many things in life you couldn't leave TV??:) so you really couldn't let it go this time.......
    it is all in our mind yaar do what you what to and let go what you don't want.:crazy

ho ho....How come my DIL:) in the thread looks like she had some time today to peep into IL.....Just today myself and Saras were remembering her God knows where she is........and LOL here she appears:biglaugh

8. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Srini,

Letting go is so much hard isn't it?? and wow you let go of so many things....amazing...except the TV haan. :rotfl Yup me too cannot let go of that.

Lovely reading, Sri. :thumbsup

Jaya

9. Sriniketan

Padma ma'am,
    Nice to know that you are here...you know what I had changed the spot where I do the skipping rope..that's why other natural disaster's like volcanic eruptions and man-made oil spill...:hide:

Do you think so..I find that hard...I comment first and then realise it is wrong...whom am I to judge people and the like (whenever I comment like that..my daughter used to tell me..why in the first place talk like that and then later like this :bonk)..I am trying in that area ma'am.
    You friend's letting go off..is very very difficult..:-(

SRINIKETAN

10. Sriniketan

Mindi,
    addiction to IL..which I will never let go off.:)
    I am trying to go with the 'half-glass full' theory...to have some peace of mind.:hiya

sriniketan