1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone of you went to Theatre alone!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by radsahana, Apr 10, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi archana

Wow, with your action you made your DH to go with you for movies.

Even if i feel like watching any movie, and no one is there to accompany me, i will go ahead and watch alone.

But my DH enjoys watching movie :), infact he will keep telling, come on lets go and watch this movie etc.....

But due to my naughty 3 yr old, we cant go often, he keeps running out of the theatre:)

2. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear rosegirl,

thanks for the fb. What you did was right, why we should miss on our fun, if someone is not there to accompany us, or not share our likings. We should go ahead and indulge ourself.

Truly said in India, people looks at you, like we are alien, we go alone to movie theatre.

But nowadays in multiplexes, no one bothers much i think:)

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear OOPALL,

Yes you are very independent, even i used to go and eat at stalls, pavbhaji and chaats. Maybe inspired by you, i now may venture in restaurant:)

Even i believe, why wait for someone, when we ourself can help us having fun and being happy:thumbsup

4. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Radsahana,

Too brave yaar :thumbsup

This is one of my dreams - watching movie all alone! Still a dream..... I have a monster at my home in the name of brother [younger one though :wink:] who will not allow me to go to theater alone.

But I have watched a movie with my friend - only two of us were there in the whole theater. We enjoyed dancing, whistling.....unforgettable moment! We proved to the theater proprietor that 2 girls alone can create so much sound in the theater....GIRLS are naughty too :boo:

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hey Mithy

What fun you had watching movie in theatre, with just 2 of you. I can imagine:). You know to whistle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats great.

you just go out to watch movie alone, without informing monster!!!!!!!! opps your younger brother:)

6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Does DH dropping me and picking up at the theatre count as going alone? :)
    If so, yes I went to one few years back. Movie: Autograph - a tamil movie.

It was in my husband's native place. We had just 1 day vacation left and DH wanted to watch an english movie but I wanted to watch a Tamil movie. So it was decided that I will go to this movie of my choice for the 1st show and he would go for the english movie second show.

My MIL was so understanding that not only she allowed me to go alone, she also ordered my DH to drop me and pick me up on time. :thumbsup

A teenage girl next to me in the theatre was all astounded to see me alone there. I liked the experience except for the times this girl used to blush & scream "aiyaiyo.." (something that is like saying: Oh My God!) whenever the hero goes near the heroine. :rotfl

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear mstrue

that was an interesting anecdote, both of you and hubby deciding to watch movie what they like:)

Yes you went alone to theatre, and that too in a village, great!!!!!! and your MIL, wow she seems to be an gem.

Autograph was a wonderful movie, i loved it. In that movie there was not much intimate scene, for that the teenage girl shouted "Aiyayooooo" imagine, if there was an reallllllllll scene what she would have done:rotfl

have a gr8 day.

8. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Yeah, Radhika! Actually it was my MIL and DH's idea to send me to the theatre.. DH proposed and MIL encouraged the idea. More than the movie, I wanted to experience the going so went along with their plan.

:eek:mg: Don't tell me!!

9. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

No..I don't know to whistle. My friend is good at it. :-D
    Though we got frightened initially, we started enjoying the moment later. You know the film we watched....it was "New" film by S.J.Surya. Good film to be watched like this in theatre...isn't it??! :biglaugh

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Yeah, MIL & I have good bonding.

Initial years, if I had to convince my DH for something he was not ready for (mostly minor things), I would report it to my MIL, "Amma, unga paiyan ippadi seiyararu..". And she would go, "Aen Thambi.. appidi panre?" And DH would cool down immediately and give in. :thumbsup

Instead of overlooking MIL, letting MIL have her authority makes a great difference in the relationship.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010