1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone of you went to Theatre alone!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by radsahana, Apr 10, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Hi Ilites

the topic may sound funny to some of you. But i just want to know did any one of you went to theatre to watch movie alone. I mean girl, going to movie alone is very rare, boys though goes alone quite often.

I did that twice.

First time
    It happened once in mumbai while working, suddenly there was some "Motroman strike" so we have to comeback home, sicne train was not running.

That day i wanted to watch some movie, and i called up some of my friends, but nobody was free, nor interested.

Then i decided, ok i will go alone, and i went to the theatre. There was no multiplexes at that time there.

So when i went there to buy tickets, everyone was wathcing me, a single girl, coming alone to watch movie, so out of sheer embarasssment, instead of buying tickets for xyz movie (i forgto name now) i end up buying "Anaconda" :rotfl

But i went ahead and watched that movie full and almost ran out the theatre after it was over:rotfl

2nd Time

This time this particular movie "Hum Dil De chuke Sanam" i wanted to watch and again mine no friends were free. So i went alone and watched the movie (Right movie) this time and enjoyed it too:thumbsup

Do you have any such Escapades????????

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear radsahana,

Loved reading your escapades.

Yes, I have been to the movies alone several times here in London.

I love watching the classics of 80s and 90s being shown in the theatres during afternoons.The cinecomplex is just a stone's throw from our apartment so I do not find much difference between watching afternoon soaps on telly or matinee movies in a threatre for an hour.

Library and Movies used to be my favourite pastime.

I watched all the Disney classic animation movies during Christmas[during my initial days in London when I wasn't working] in the theatre and that was awesome experience relishing them on silver screen again

Needless to say you can always grab a ticket to these movies as no big rush from the cinegoers to watch these classics.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

I love to watch few movies without any disturbance or company. So far been alone for 3 movies.Purposefully i went alone and enjoyed that experience.My friends would squeeze me after revealing my experience :).. Thanks for helping me re-collect those moments.

4. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

I have been to movie alone twice too.. These happened fairly recently..

First time, I felt sad and depressed for apparently no reason, and I have been asking for my friends to come watch a movie. Actually one f my roomies agreed too, but everytime I said - today - ha, something new came to her life. And all my other friends were either busy or not interested in a movie (not any good movies at that time, but I had to watch one to relievemy senses.! You understand na.. ) So there I go, all alone, and because this was my first time alone I was so worried looking around me to see if anyone knew and might mis-use that info :hide:. Thinking of it now - that was silly.:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh. But hats how saw a movie "Transformers 2" of which I had no info, no hopes, but that was the only movie with tickets available.

It turmed out to be a nice experience, and guess what that was Steven Spielberg movie! I would have missed the movie otherwise.!

The second time, ha - the same story of feeling sorry for myself. That day I watched 'hangover'. magine watching this movie amongst all guys (and some gals with boys with them).. Thats was embarassing, I would never have gone for this alone if I had known better :biglaugh. But then after a while, I let that embarassment go - whats the use of spending 100 - 150 bucks for a movie ticket and not even relax!

Each time, my parents DO NOT now about it :crazy. I am too afraid to even mention it - if I do, I know that what I will be getting :bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sabitha

Thanks very much for the fb.

Wow you have seen all classics in Silver Screen and that too relaxing, without much trouble to get tickets:thumbsup

Soemtime if we look back, we feel it indeed was a nice time we had on our own:)

6. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Hey Cindhuja

You are great girl:thumbsup I went alone, bcoz no one to accompany me. But you did it on purpose, whoa!!!!!!! great

I should try that once now.:) It has been long, since i went alone, so maybe i will go soon.

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Hi Gayathri

IT seems you had similar experience like me, no one to accompany.

For me also in "Anaconda" movie, there was some scene of kissing, even i was feeling little embarass, since all guys were whistling and laughing sitting nearby me:rotfl

You did right and went alone. Sometime i think, why wait for someone for our happiness. IF we like to watch movie, and no one is there, then just go ahead and watch.:)

thanks for the fb. have a gr8 day.

8. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Nice Thread!! I used to go to movies alone in US before and after marriage also :)
    Now after baby dont even feel like going with DH.
    First time i think i wanted to treat myself, self valentine gift, i bought nice long skirt, teady bear and movie all by myself for myself :).
    next time it was my birthday, took off from office and went to temple, movie all alone i love watching movies alone.
    after marriage i wanted to watch a english movie that my DH was not interested, so i went ahead by myself.
    For Jodha Akbar movie also i asked my DH, he said he did not wanted to watch such longg movie,
    i said ok i am going and he knew i am used to watching movies alone and he tagged along me and loved the movie. since then he always comes to movies with me..

9. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Great thread yaar.
    I went to Sex and the city and Harry Potter:Half blood prince alone since DH was not interested at all. And I couldnt miss it for the world. I went alone in the US, but would never do it in India since there is a big taboo attached there.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  10. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Nice thread. I too have gone to the movies alone. There are some "chick flicks" as they are called, that no one else is interested in so I go alone. It gives me some "ME TIME".
    This may sound crazy but there are times when I take myself out to dinner...lolzz. I don't see anything wrong with it. Everyone else is busy doing their own thing so why wait on anyone..( a little too independent:thumbsup)

Cheers!
    OOPALL!