1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Did Anyone Get Flu Shot For Kids?do You Get It Or Wait For Covid Vaccine?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by gknew, Oct 31, 2021.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My doctor is advising to wait 1 week between flu shot and Covid booster, so that’s what I’m planning to do. My coworker who got flu shot and booster both on the same day had to call out sick for 2 days afterwards and she is much younger and fitter than me.

gknew likes this.
  2. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you MalStrom.

3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Did your daughter get the vaccine? I hope she is fine and ok with the vaccine dosage.
    Did she get fever?

Did you get both flu and covid shot together?

I have scheduled for his flu shot at his pediatrician office along with this aviso check up for this Thursday. Then they opened the covid vaccine availability for kids at my place. So scheduled the covid shot at the pharmacy for Friday.
    I am not sure if it's ok to get flu shot one day and next day the covid shot. My dh wanted to give him the covid shot first and get the flu shot later.
    I have to check with the doctor. My pediatrician office giving the vaccine only from end of this month. So I have to get it from the pharmacy. But don't want to get both shots around the same time.

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was about to update the thread. Yes my daughter got her Covid shot and flu shot last Saturday, one in each arm. She had some soreness in her arms for a few hours but she was fine otherwise. No fever, not even a sniffle. Since you already have an appointment for the covid shot, schedule the flu shot a week after it. Lots of parents in my circle are doing that.

gknew likes this.
  5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Annual check up* typo

6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for sharing it here.
    I am glad that your daughter feel better with both vaccines.
    I have an appointment at my pediatrician office(general check up and flu shot visit) this Thursday for flu shot and Friday for COVID shot appointment.
    So I have to move the flu shot to next week or so.

Gauri03 likes this.
  7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

It wasn't on purpose. I wanted to get a flu shot with the kids. My husband received both covid booster and flu shot at the same time.

gknew and deepthyanoop like this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I got my booster 2 days ago, 1 week after my flu shot. The only thing I noticed with the booster was a slightly sore arm, but it was even less painful than the initial 2 shots. No other issues.

gknew likes this.
  9. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you @MalStrom.
    My kid got his Covid vaccine last Friday. His pediatrician told me not to get his flu shot after 3 weeks of his second dose. So I am planning to wait out after the second dose.
    He did well with the first shot. Just the sore arm for few hours.
    My Dh got his Covid booster yesterday. He felt sick and equally painful with the previous shots. He got fever and body ache. I think this booster shots for adults depends on the individual immune responses. I am yet to get the booster and flu shots since I have few other doctor appointments coming up for my health issue(I told you about this earlier).