1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diaper changing table

Discussion in 'Infants' started by AnithaPartha, Jan 4, 2010.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

Anybody using/having this kind of table? Need suggestions to buy it..

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

we got one from ikea and used it for about 4 months. once the kid starts rolling over, it is a bit scary since he is laid down at a height so we bought a couple of waterproof pads, the disposable changing pads (26*18 size) and changed him on the bed or on the floor. our changing table is now in the garage being used for storing groceries :) ... so I'd suggest not buying one.

3. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I got one (as a gift) and really liked it. I used it for about 18 months with my first, Then I started changing him standing up. I actually recommend a changing table because the height is convenient for the back. Mine is going strong now with the second baby, used for 11 months now. Can't suggest any brands but mine is a basic one with no frills.

4. AnithaPartha

Thnx for feedback ladies.. I would like to buy one becoz bending hurts :(
    let me know how much it is in ikea? we are planning to go there to see few other things also.. if possible send me link dears..

*Adding - Am looking for a table only just for me to stand and change diaper for rithik and also to give him a sponch bath for cuple of months.. Contour changing pads are not necessRY FOR ME

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

6. AnithaPartha

Pmahensa - 1st one seems to be costly.. Not good one to buy I think..
    2nd one cost is okay but what about length and breath? Will it be useful when baby is more than a year?

*Adding - Just seeing if table is in good height.. Coz, am little taller.. not too tall but :)
    IN Ikea home page I see that some sale going on and ends on Jan 10th like.. is it so?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  7. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

anitha, i had an old chest of drawers... we refurbished it and converted it into our changing table... we bought inexpensive baskets to stack our diapers, wipes, toiletries baby clothes , sheets and other itty bitties in them... and it really works for us... cant imagine not having one
    the baskets were nicely labelled and kept for good two months so that DH cld change the baby if i wasnt around :)
    as for the changing pad... well i just have a firm comforter and a quick dry sheet over it and lay Zoey on it, always place one hand on her, just so that she wont roll over!

8. AnithaPartha

Pooja - I just checked again the Basic one and looks like its just 3feet and since am tall I will still end up bending :bowdown only..

Poonam - I dont have any chest drawers.. But planning to make use of our dining table which is small for that purpose.. :rotflsave money na :)

9. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Anitha,
    My experience, diaper changing table is a boon...I had a C-section so I could not bend with all the stitches..And it's so easy to change DS

I bought this one but used
    Delta Duval Changing Table - Oak - Delta - Babies "R" Us

I bought it off craigslist for $20..It's in perfect condition..I also bought a contour changing pad for another $ 25 (brand new)
    So try looking one for cheap on craigslist and you can buy the pad brand new..
    Just my opinion

10. AnithaPartha

Sudha,

Great you got this just for $20 ah? Let me try in sulekha and see.. But am really looking for it.. Today I tried dining table but then that is also short and requires bending :drowning

*Adding - Tried searching ads in childern corner in sulekha(NJ area) but couldnt find one dear :(

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010