1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diaper cake

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by cutemonster, May 7, 2014.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone

I wanted to share this diaper cake picture with you , I have made this for my friend who having her baby showers on this sunday. Since the gender of the baby is not known so the colour theme of the party is yellow and green.
    I have few more small decorative toys which I had brought but I felt the cake is looking ok like this only. I have individually rolled each diaper and the centre is made with half left paper towel roll. On the first tier I have put a onsie with i have the bestest mom written in it ( I loved it so much ) and middle tier has johnsons baby products, that travel size ones and last tier has a cute toy.
    Any suggestions are welcome, do share how do you find it or should I improve it? Its my first diaper cake and I dont want to mess it up! Also what else should I take with this? Like any other gift?
    Diaper Cake.JPG

10 people like this.

2. cutemonster

Sorry ladies, I am not able to rotate the pictures, I request the mods if they can help me in rotating it.

3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Good one.... nice creativity

4. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

:wow:goodidea: Very nice and innovative idea.i loved it and ur friend will like too

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi CM, the cake is very beautifully done! I am a big fan of diaper cakes and I make at least one for all my friends when expecting :)

Its very beautiful. I dont have any suggestions per se but I know that they start to accumulate dust very soon. You may want to use a clear sheet to keep it covered until the time you are ready to give it to the mom (i had a bad experience once when I had left it uncovered. And yes, like you said, cake looks good right now. Don crowd it with anything more.

I can share some of the cakes I made, if you like :)

P.S: I rotated the pic. I noticed you also asked what to take apart from this. Usually it depends on how close you are to the recipient. Some ideas which I have used before are:

1. If she is a very good friend, you can order custom made cookies with icing similar to this diaper cake and give as party favors.

2. If the party is being organized in a big way, making 3 or 4 cakes of similar kind with goodies in it. These can be used as center pieces.

3. You can also buy some really good non-alcoholic beverage (apple cider works best) which comes in a champagne bottle and pop open the cork while at the party.

4. For a very close friend, a prenatal massage coupon.

5. If she is not too close, just this cake would be plenty as you have already bought some gifts to stuff the cake.

Hope this helps.

6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

very creative thanks for sharing.

7. cutemonster

Hi rakhii
    How are you? I was hoping you would answer:)

Yeah even I felt any more stuff will be too much and spoil the clean look.also I had brought some wash clothes as I saw a diaper cake in a babyshop which had wash clothes tucked in .I am attaching the pic to be more clear. Also these small horses , I found them too cute, I have a dozen of them in yellow and green.
    This expecting mom was my junior in college and we like ok ok, not very close but yes we had very good rapport. I met her after like seven years after moving here.
    I feel this ok but dh is saying give a gift card too. So lets see :) but yeah I loved your cookie idea, that eont look over the top.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Al well at my end CM, you? Hope life has been good :)

Did you attach the pic CM? I am unable to see the pic (could be my PC too, at work, a few images get blocked).

There is a way to incorporate the wash cloths without making the existing cake look busy. You can simply pull out alternate diaper from the top tier, wrap it up with the wash cloth and gently tuck the ends behind so that edges of the cloth doesn't show outside. If you have as many wash cloths as the diapers in the top tier which are in the shades of yellow/white/blue/green (as i see those shades on the cake), you can wrap every diaper (only in top tier) in the wash cloth and then place the onesie as it is right now.
    This way you will be using up the wash cloths within the cake.

I am unable to see the horses pic; so not sure how to help incorporate that.

9. cutemonster

I was not able to upload the picture rakhii.

10. cutemonster

hi this is the picture rakhii 20140507_101111.jpg