Diamonds & The Luck They Would Bring

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by iamsrihere, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@iamsrihere all the best. A good traditional nose ring can cost 5k for a small one. I bought it recently for my dd. Try with nose ring if you wear one or a ring. I love rings.
    IMG_2255.JPG
    This is a clover ear ring i brought two year back and it set me back by 42k. The asking price was 46 and we negotiated it to 42. It is a close setting .i look for somethign different than the regular 7 stones

2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Loved the nose ring @Shanvy. This design will be perfect for daily use ear-rings too.

Shanvy likes this.
  3. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Looks beautiful Yes this is the kind iam looking for earrings. I dont wear nose rings,so want to try earrings only.

I have a doubt.The ones i see in Tanishq costs lesser than 25k for most designs.So what would be different in them?

4. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Oh this is what iam concerned.And iam going on a medical test soon.Iam afraid about after effects if i buy diamonds.

5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

My mom's generation, they were worried about diamonds due to dosham/bad luck to the family. Only specific community ladies used to wear, and it wasn't popular in rural Southern India.

At least 10-15 years ago, diamond became popular. Instead of Gold, younger generation preferred to use platinum/diamond settings because it looked different and doesn't look 'yellowish', flashy; Wear something little/small and look classy.

The story of 'blood diamond' is true due to mining/slavery involved; it brought up awareness due to it's increased demand in the market. It is true for any precious stones/metal.

If you buy diamond from reputable place, it should be fine. Enjoy, diamond will not bring any bad luck!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    iamsrihere and Shanvy like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Jag this is my everyday earrings. I love to try different patterns other than the regular 7 stones. That is too big for a nose ring.

poovai and justanothergirl like this.
  7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I do. Both the traditional thodu for imp events with the jhumky or a small one for daily use. I don't know about luck but yes buying diamonds was/is an elaborate affair in my family. First amma chooses a good day to go the jeweller (we can go window shopping all we want) but the sale will not be finalized until amma decrees it a good day . Once we get it home it will be placed near the perumal until its first use....which is usually for an imp occasion (wedding /upanayanam etc ) where there is a homam . Diamond is considered to be a powerful stone and the belief is that the mantram chanted during that time will rid the diamond of any dosham. I don't buy that logic. It gives my mom an enormous peace of mind so I just let her have her way.

iamsrihere and Shanvy like this.