Diamonds & The Luck They Would Bring

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by iamsrihere, Apr 26, 2017.

1. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

With Akashaya Tritiya fast approaching,I have plans to buy some jewel. When thinking if it could be diamonds,I have heard about diamonds bringing good luck to people and also bad luck after using them? Following are my understanding & doubts about diamonds.

1) Most websites say diamond of 1 carat should be worn for good luck. I dont see earrings or rings with specifically 1 carat,many are lesser than that. So will they give negative effect if we buy in lesser carats?

2)Diamonds should be worn only in auspicious times. This is feasible because the first time is going to feel auspicious,but what if we remove them and have to wear them again?

3)Diamonds once worn should never be removed. Is this possible considering we might want to change our earrings or jewels during ocassions?

There maybe many of you wearing diamonds everyday. I want to know if anyone has had any particular experiences after wearing diamonds.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@iamsrihere diamonds are jewellery and stones just like any. If you believe in astrology then you need to figure if it suits you. Have heard many say that it does bring ill luck

I wear diamonds. I don't think you need to look for 1carat for luck. Most websites promote it for ivisible profita of their own.

What i look for in diamonds. I look for clarity, color and cut. And i like single stones even if they are small. An open setting brings more bling to the jewellery than a closed but i tend to go for closed as i sweat a lot and also oil my hair a lot.

And no you can remove and wear them. How do you think our elders had hair baths , they removed earrings and nose rings before hair bath.

In case you would like to sell it back or exchange a lab certified diamond is accepted all over but jeweller certified is restricted.

The first time a goodtime to wear and they also used to soak it in milk to look for doshas. I do not know if it is actually viable these days. Go with your trusted jeweller even if it costs a little more

sindmani and iamsrihere like this.
  3. iamsrihere

Okay Iam basically planning to see in Tanishq.I heard their diamonds are tested ones.
    And the doubt i got about removing them is not during washing hair or oiling but about wearing them forever.This is because my granny always used to wear one big diamond earring and i have never seen her wearing any other ones. And she has lived a very wealthy prosperous and happy life.So going by that,i was wondering if that is the right way to wear for luck.

So did you notice any change(+/-) in life after wearing them?

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I bought them when i could afford. I have illness that existed even before wearing. And i don't know if it suits me or not. I don't like too big jewellery or gold. Give me a diamond pendant on a chain, earrings i am done.

No. I have changed my nose ring twice because of the bad screw. I mean to say it is not necessar. Those days a it was costly so it all trickled fown to affordability and that gen was brought up believing diamonds are a status symbol. And where else to keep them safe than wearing them

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  5. iamsrihere

Okay so you have had no big impact.That itself is a good news...:grinning:

Maybe yes my granny felt it safe to wear rather than leaving it somewhere:tongueout:

Shanvy likes this.
  6. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    To my knowledge the ill effect using diamonds is applicable only to gem quality diamonds which are 1 or more than 1 carat diamonds.but the one we regularly use are not that ones...those carat diamonds you get only in 1 in a million diamonds..this explanation was given by jeweler..i am not sure if its true..I use regular one..i don't see any effect because of that...

iamsrihere likes this.
  7. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

Hi

As far as my knowledge,yes there are chances that diamond could bring ill luck (not sure about weightage etc etc) .

My mom consults an astrologer who said diamonds dun suit well for my sister but are considered lucky for me ( lucky me)...

If u believe in astrology and stuff then you can go ahead and consult one.

iamsrihere likes this.
  8. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Even i have heard that diamonds could bring ill luck or very good fortune and it is better to consult an astrologer before going in for one. If u want to be really safe and not have regrets later, you could do this. Personally, as Shanvy has said, I too went in for my Diamond ear studs and nose ring, when I could afford it - that was when i got my retirement benefits on voluntary retirement. Had not consulted anyone as such , just prayed that there will be no issues, and if so, I thought I would pass them on to someone in the family. Fortunately there has been no negative effects. It is not necessary that you have to see a good time each time you remove or wear it. We normally wear on festive occasions and thereafter for some time and alternate with all other gold jewellery also.
    There is no doubt a diamond is a precious possession - go in for it. Best of luck.

iamsrihere likes this.
  9. iamsrihere

Going by what you all have said,I think most jewels are less than 1 carat and hence may not have really any after effects.

Anyway going to take only my DH along.So will see if we like the design cut and all..Incase we have doubts will drop the idea for now..

Shanvy likes this.
  10. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

it is always better to consult astrologer before going ahead. because in my case, they brought misfortune when i removed.