1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Diagonised with PCOS

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by vinu, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Re: menopause......mental and physical condition

hi
    thanks sunkan

2. kamath9

kamath9 New IL'ite

Re: Pain around the Breast

Dear Shanvy&Jayasree9,

Once again thnx for the quick reply as expected( ILities help out generously and immediately).

Dear Jaisree, as told by u to feel any lumps with my palms, I did this long back, but I coudn't feel any . I tried to feel them in all positions .

Thnx once again Ilities,

Kamath

3. Edwina

Edwina New IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Hello!!! After reading your blogs I feel that you are very informative person.

God bless you for sharing it with others like me.

By the way what exactly are hot flushes????

Please do let me know.

Thake care bye:kiss

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear edwina,
    hot flushes is something that u experience on ur spine, your entire body will become hot and it goes up to your neck, u tend to sweat when others are shivering and shiver when others sweat it is the thermostat of the body gone hay wire, so u need to cut down on coffee, hot food, spicy masala, and anything like even family issues may trigger it off, and the feeling you r loosing your feminity, so u need to relax a lot and spend time on yoga or meditation, and when u feel hot don't hesitate to have a good cold shower, it helps a lot especially the spine portion if you have a tub or stand under shower with ur spine direct, sunkan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Helpline Opened In Chennai For Treating Urninary Incontinence

Uro-gynecology& reconstructive pelvic surgery:

Treating women with urinary incontinence and ...

The field of Urogynecology (a subspecialty within Obstetrics and Gynecology) is dedicated to the treatment of women with pelvic floor disorders such as urinary or fecal incontinence and prolapse (bulging or falling) of the vagina, bladder and/or the uterus.
    Urinary incontinence (leakage of urine) is a very common condition affecting at least 10-20% of women under age 65 and up to 56% of women over the age of 65. While incontinence also affects men, it occurs much more commonly in women.
    Prolapse simply means displacement from the normal position. When this word is used to describe the female organs, it usually means bulging, sagging or falling. It can occur quickly, but usually happens over the course of many years. On average, 11% of women will undergo surgery for this condition.
    Prolapse and incontinence frequently occur together. Both conditions are believed to result from damage to the pelvic floor after delivering a baby. Other possible factors in the development of prolapse and incontinence are very heavy lifting on a daily basis (as some paramedics and factory workers might do) chronic coughing, severe constipation and obesity.
    Urogynecology - Treating women with urinary incontinence and prolapse (bulging) of the bladder, vagina and/or uterus.

with reference to the above related problems Dr. karthik gunasekaran is available for free consultation from morning 10 A.M. to evening 5 P.M. IST this is a helpline started and the telephone no. 91-044-32904166… source of information is from November mangayar malar ..brought to you by sunkan

6. lakme

lakme New IL'ite

pcod

Hi ILs,
    Im diagnosed with pcod,if anyone has any info abt it plz send it to me.is metformin good drug for pcod? any docs plz help me in knowing abt this .suggest good web sites too.
    lakme.

7. ramyaviyer

ramyaviyer New IL'ite

Need help

dear forum

I am new member to this forum and require an urgent help regarding a certain thing. I had a miscarriage of a 5 week foetus in september and have been advised not to conceive for 3 months. Now three months have passed and on scanning i have been detected with Bilateral polycystical Ovarian Disease. I want to know what this is and whether i will be able to conceive again?

8. Sivu123

Sivu123 New IL'ite

Re: Need help

Hi Remya

first of all pcos is a very common condition ..its not called PCOD now as D stands for disease ..its PCOS where S stands for syndrome
    I have a friend of mine who got aborted and diagnosed with PCOS
    She is 6 months pregnant now
    Do consult with your doctor.SHe will surely suggest you for weight watch
    Increase your activities. Go for half hor walk everyday
    Ayurveda has excellent medicines for pcos
    I personally know one with pcos and bicornuate uterus who is infertile for 7 years conceiving after taking"sapthasara"kashayam in ayurveda. PM me for the website details which are not allowed in the open forum.

This is one of the best fertility ayurvedic expert in kerala...am not trying to be a spokesperson for this doctor
    Allopathy doctor might give you metformin(clomid) tablet which is is usually given to diabetic patients.
    Be cheerful
    A new life is sent to earth by almighty and is his decision and signature on every pregnancy!
    I myself am married for 5 years and undergone one miscarriage..therafter no signs of pregnancy
    I am diagnosed for unexplainable infertilty....
    Still I have hope....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  9. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

10. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Re: Need help

Dear Ramya
    PCOD is very common factor. No need to worry abt it. Jut take care not to put weight. I myself is with PCOD and blessed with a baby girl five years back. Every 5th woman in the world is having this problem.

Definitely u will conceive again. wish u all the best.

regards
    uma