DH not happy with sleeping position

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ILUser07, Apr 11, 2015.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Hmm.. it could be a simple adjustment problem but want to hear from you guys.

I sleep on the left side of the bed and a back sleeper. Now in 15th week of pregnancy, I am trying to sleep on left side from past month and a half. To support my back, I am keeping two pillows on my back which are obviously in between me and DH. This is kind of keeping us distant and my husband adjusted well to this though he is not happy.

Whenever he wants to cuddle me or puts his hand over me, the weight of his hand is too much for me that I couldn't breath freely. So I am immediately taking his hand off me. I never had any discomfort like this before. He is all excited for the future baby and in the sleep sometimes he wants to touch my tummy and hold it.
    I feel very bad for doing that.

2. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

tell him it will affect your health. why don't you tell him to cuddle or touch the baby (tummy) before going to sleep or during a small nap. hubbies feel more emotionally (paternal feeling :)) attached to baby when they do this so don't stop him from touching. just let him know when it is appropriate

3. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

am not preggo but normally also when his hand is on mu tummy i feel breathless and tummy hurts.... instead of just tossing off his hand[surely he will feel bad] ... tell him you are feeling some breathing problem can you instead massage my hair or rub mu back , ... so u get your thing done [move his hand away from tummy] and get extra benefits of massage head and backrub

4. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your replies. I did tell him that I am not able to breath comfortably with his hand around. But just feeling bad to take his hand away whenever he puts on in sleep. sorrysmiley

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

you can sleep on your right side for sometime and then turn to left

its better to sleep on sides during pregnancy and either sides are fine

6. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Actually as the pregnancy advances it will be more of discomfort when one puts hand on the tummy. I used to feel so heavy even with hand on my hand forget the tummy. You can politely explain, this is what I did, in fact during the last few weeks I did not even want to be touched as you grow heavier and are really uncomfortable about sleeping, sitting, walking ............................I am sure he will understand. Also there are so many hormonal changes that you undergo with that mood swings are common, I am sure a loving husband will understand, mine did :) :)

7. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Used to have 7 pillows around me in the 7-9 th month !!! DH hardly had place to even move :)
    Enjoy all the closeness while awake!!! Their hand will be very heavy in their sleep!
    No need to feel bad! This is normal, just be gentle when telling your DH

1 person likes this.
  8. Aarohithakkar

Aarohithakkar New IL'ite

I completely understand the difficulty you're facing while sleeping, and it will be more uncomfortable for you in the later pregnancy stage around 7-9 months. Even I faced the same problem, hence I gently told my husband that how uncomfortable I was feeling while sleeping. Even as he took it very positive. I used to always prefer sleeping on the side and instead of arranging small pillow around me, I got a pregnancy pillow from FirstCry.com and it was such a big relief. I was able to sleep comfortably and cuddle on the soft pillow without feeling any pain or discomfort. C- shaped pillow are the best one, and it can be used as breastfeeding pillow.