1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dh Moved Out...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by snehalJoshi, Sep 1, 2020.

1. snehalJoshi

snehalJoshi Silver IL'ite

Recently DH had started criticizing me more than usual. Almost 90% of the things I did would receive some form of criticism from him.
    I had decided, inspite of all issues, I will still stay in this marriage for the sake of my little kids.
    However, few recent incidents happened : once me and DH were fixing a table and DH drilled a screw so much that it completely went inside , this happened because DH was watching a video on his phone while drilling. I didn't say anything. DH cursed the table manufacturer using F words and I kept quiet and continued the job. later like after 15 mins, I mistakenly put some wire in a wrong position and DH had to loosen few screws to take out that wire. He got so mad that started cursing me, called me incompetent used F word for me, said he won't loosen a single screw and do it yourself to me, etc. I asked him - did i say even a single word when you just did a mistake? then atleast for the decency sake when i make a mistake you shouldn't have reacted like this. Please take your F word back. I don't want this language used again .

Next day, we had few guests and a little girl of our friends asked me for water, I gave her a water cup and she dropped accidentally. DH immediately said in front of everyone - Can't you even give a single cup of water to a little girl carefully? I responded by ignoring him, giving the girl another cup of water, told her- it's ok and moped the floor.

then next day, my SIL sent some video to my DH. DH asked my DD to say thank you and he started recording my DD. DD said - thank you. DH shouted at her and said - say thank you by taking each and every persons name in my SILs family. DD said no, I want to go to my mom and she came to me crying.
    I went to DH and asked why make her cry for such a silly thing. He said - "here comes the advocate of my daughter" , I just broke down and cried so much and told him to STOP. I couldn't control my cries. My DH got so mad at this that he said - I will kill you and your daughter. STOP this drama. I will beat your daughter like anything. I went away from there and kept quiet.

Next day, I asked my DH to move out. I insisted again and again that he needs to move-out of our lives.
    DH took few clothes, put those in the car and. while going he told my DD that "HEY, YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR BREAKING YOUR PARENT'S MARRIAGE. ARE YOU HAPPY? IT IS YOUR BLAME THAT THIS HAPPENED" my DD is a 51/2 yrs old. she cried a lot. and I folded my hands to him and said - please, please, please don't involve her in this. He said- stop your drama. you're poisonous. because of you DD doesn't like my SIL's family. He spitted on my face twice. I didn't react , only cried. He used the worst possible words that he could for me that I can't even type. I didn't use even 1 bad word for him . He said - I will break your face, I will take a shoe and break your face. I said - for now, just leave.

He left. Probably not forever... given the history, he would probably come back.

I have no support, i have little kids , a job, DD's passport is expired and we can't even renew because of covid. i can't tell parents in india because they will worry a lot and affect their health.

I feel helpless. I am truly sad.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Are you financially secure and do you have green card/ US passport?

3. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Op

u know from previous experience he will come back so don’t worry much. It’s toxic environment for you and kids. Slowly your energy will go down because of stress. You and kids may feel scared depressed all the time. You can get better job which will be enough for survival. When he comes back let his anger cool down. Make passports ASAp with his help. Start planning for amicable separation. Write down all issues. Don’t be scared. I will keep you in my prayers

disillusion likes this.
  4. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

omg, why are you tolerating such a abusive life.

this is ridiculous. do you have a green card, or visa. you need to plan a life out. abusive marriage is equally harming to kids as seperation. they will understand.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Hugs to you Snehal,
    I remember reading your old posts as well. You have already suffered a lot in this abusive , toxic and loveless married life.

Consider it as an opportunity to test waters. Its better for you and kids to seperate from him. If you continue your health will be affected due to stress and your kids will suffer too. You two can be good parents to them. But be careful in dealing with him. Try for an amicable solution.

I think he will come back. Dont chase or call or pleade him. In the mean time think seriously about your life with your kids. I hope you have greencard and is financially independent. If not, work for it. You deserve a better life. If I were in your position I won't take back a person who treat me like dirt. We have only one life. Start planning your life without him. I can't consider an abuser as a good parent.
    Be positive.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    disillusion and Vaikuntha like this.
  6. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

i remember replying to your earlier posts. i checked it was Feb 2020. now it is Sept. see things do not change, it is very sad the way life took its turn for you . but you need to step up and take the decision to move seperate. it would be more peaceful for all.

god bless you and give you right path.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  7. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I remember your old posts. Your h is crazy. He will make everyone crazy around him (whoever is there).
    You can apply for documents, USPS must be taking passport application. Please check.
    Get all documents in order. Photo copy them and keep in sets in multiple places. Scan and send it to yourself in email and another trusted family member or drop box it.
    No need to tell parents. Everyone is so stressed.
    One time when my husband left the house, I felt so peaceful. My doctor ( the only person, who has known all parts of the story till now)- Said "you feel peaceful because the stressor is gone"
    I was worried about feeling so so peaceful. In no way, I am comparing my story to yours.
    I didn't have children. It is a huge work to take care of children. Just take one day at a time- when taking care of children. But when thinking about your life- think next few months/years

disillusion likes this.
  8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

You and your daughter are living in such a toxic environment. I'm not sure why are you staying in such a relationship. Please plan your exit. <Hugs> Stay safe.

9. snehalJoshi

snehalJoshi Silver IL'ite

I am sad for my daughter. She is asking me where is daddy. She is telling me how she misses him, how much she loves him. She said "I told god to disappear all Daddy's anger, screaming, shouting and make him a nice Daddy" . She said she wanted to talk to him and I called him and gave her the phone but he didn't answer or call back. So she asked me to send him him her message saying - 'Daddy, i miss you , i love you. please come back home. i have been waiting so long for you. i am sorry for making you mad. i won't do that again. please call me. ' I sent it to him. he didn't answer back or call back.
    With the kind of person he is , i am very sure he wants to teach my DD a life long lesson that if you don't listen to your father and say no to me, i will leave you forever.
    he already told her it is all your fault.
    i feel soooo bad for this little girl. she is just 5.5 yrs old. she can't understand many thing. how can someone like a father make her feel guilty for life long...
    but still she is missing him a lot.

she told me - "when he comes back. say sorry for everything and if anything is going to make him mad, just don't do it."
    he is so lucky to have a DD like her but he just doesn't deserve her.
    how can i tell her it is not your fault at all.

because of me , because i asked my DH to leave, my DD will be a fatherless child. i feel guilty for doing this to my kids.

10. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Don’t curse urself dear..wat u did is right ..there s no other option for u,and u took the right turn and don’t come down and don’t let ur strength go down dear..u take a turn move on with it,no one can live a life with these type of people if he comes bk now he wil behaves more like sadistic and thought of he is right and looks like u people can’t b with out him..
    If he comes bk again the situation wil b more worse and ur lil one may go to more stressful life,think of ur baby now she needs more support frm u and at this age she needs peaceful life ,tel her that her dad left and he may not cme bk and u r there for her and ur going bk to India in a while where she can spend happy life..
    Don’t make life more miserable,wat u went through is enough and plan wat to do next and try to bring everything in to reality to ur daughter,she can understand everything,ofcource she asks u abut him but b ready to answer and face her but don’t go down dear,
    If u bend ur head now he wil take this opportunity and wil try to kick u out , be strong and rise ur child as a strong baby..
    Takecare dear..think twice before taking step ..

Angela123 likes this.