dh facing motility and erectile prob...

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by kenny, Aug 26, 2011.

1. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

hi dear ladies...
    as spoken to u earlier ...my dh has low sperm count and 0 motolity...so is under supplements-maxoza regularly and also i am giving him the ayurvedic mixture which geetha -here in IL suggested...its been 2 months now...thought things will get ebtter...though he has not got a second SA done....but we have been facing some strange problem..these ae my ovulation days going...and i was particular that we should keep trying during thse days,....but what is happening past 3 days is that...he is not getting a proper erection....i am very much tensed and so is he....do u think it is just a momentary phase or some prob...coz so much we never faced earlier...so doing Ic is out of question...
    his doc says that we have to have a baby next year since r ages are also crossing...i am 31 and he is 35 ...the doc says that by any means we have to have a baby...and was saying that icsi is the best option...
    But i feel is there a guarantee that things will work out in icsi since it is a v expensive procedure and i guess is the last resort...or any other things help in this???
    i am already taking ayurvedic mixtures...was just tensed regading this erectile prob which has now come up...can any one guide on these things???do guide me...i am very tesned and always feeling low as i really wana have a baby soon n my dh is also gettng irritable bcoz of all this prob....
    he avoids doing ic past 2-3 days -probably thinking that he will to have a proper erection....plz plz plz guide me...

2. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

65 views and no reply...was looking fwd to u guys :(

3. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

I suggest getting a SA repeated. In our case also DH's first report indicated a sperm count of 10 millions. On repeated analysis which was done a month and half later, the sperm count was normal (28 million). The problem with erection may be because you have all these things (sperm count, age) etc playing at the back of your mind. 31 is not that old. Most of my friends conceived at age of 31-34! 35 for a man is not old at all. The doc is unneceesarily stressing you out. Dont think about all these while making love. Just enjoy and have a good time!

4. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Kenny,

I understand what you're going through 'coz I'm kinda in the same position. TTC 19 months without a BFP....

I know you realize that TTC is an emotionally exhausting journey,especially when you've been doing it a while without results or when the docs say there is no hope for you except through expensive medical treatment. I'm sailing in the same boat. My hubby too had issues after he found out about his low motility...it took a lot of patience and love from my side to boost his confidence, but even now there's a lot of stress around the time I ovulate. If he's too stressed out (about his health condition AND his inability to perform), just take a break for a month from TTC...All we can do is try to renew our minds into thinking our breakthrough is just around the corner! If we begin to think of it as a chore or a baby-making job, it's not going to work! Just try to enjoy each other without stressing yourself out...I know it's much harder in reality, but it's the only way out.

I have just put my trust completely in God...He is my Mighty Physician...so His word and promises take precedence over what a human doctor says! I'm determined to try naturally until God blesses us with a baby. But, that's my personal choice. Your hubby and you must sit down and have an honest talk about which route you want to take...go ahead with ICSI or wait it out a little more.

"his doc says that we have to have a baby next year since r ages are also crossing...i am 31 and he is 35 ...the doc says that by any means we have to have a baby...and was saying that icsi is the best option..."

I think you should take a second opinion! I find this kind of advice to be demotivating and even manipulative to make you go for expensive options. The truth is, be it IUI, IVF, or ICSI, no doctor can GUARANTEE you a baby. There are many couples who go the ICSI route, have no success, and end in financial distress which adds even more stress on their already emotionally fragile condition. So, whatever it is you decide to do, pray first. Seek guidance from God on which way you should go...once you decide, believe something good is going to happen to you! Have no regrets.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Carol

5. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Very motivating and a sensitive reply from you, Carol!

I pray you get blessed soon.

One more thing, Kenny! I have a friend who was 31 when she started trying, found out she had PCOS, and tried for 4 years without luck. 6 failed IUIs. When they had no other resort and had to go through IVF, they decided to just take a break, went abroad for a vacation, hiked and roamed around. She conceived naturally in that very month:) I always think about her when I am trying, and that gives me hope. Baby dust to you:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Dont go by doctors words they just terrify into getting this and that done...If they become successful they will have something to gloat about...Coming to your problem as cj has said TTC is very emotionally draining period you both should be supportive of each other...One thing I have learnt myself is that "If we are to have we will have, let there be zero if we are not to have then even trillions wont give you? So leave everything to God and relax one fine day you will be surprised with good news till that time dont get tense...Tension will ruin everything will give rise to many doubts please relax.....

7. lotsofhope

lotsofhope Senior IL'ite

Kenny,
    For some reason, doctors are keen on pushing one towards more invasive methods of fertility treatments(expensive too). Just forget about it and keep trying. Stress also plays an important role and I have heard of many couples, where the man's sperm seemed to be perfectly normal when they started to try and after a year or so, the counts seemed to have come down without change in diet or life style. Stress even at sub conscious levels does have a big impact, so try to forget about your age and just relax, it will happen soon. Also timing things will only add to more stress, so try what most doctors suggest, alternate days starting day 10 until day 20, that way the important day is not missed. Lots and lots of baby dust to you!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  8. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

thank u my dear sweet ladies...
    u all are too good ..thanx ...it has boosted my confidence...let god be willing ...and blesses me soon...amen...
    luv u all!!!