1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

dh changing jobs.......

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by revathia, Dec 24, 2009.

1. revathia

revathia New IL'ite

hi
    my husband keeps changing jobs every 1yr..
    he is into consulting..
    he just quit and moves to another job, even if he gets extension in the current job..
    sometimes its interesting to keep moving places,but other times i think how secured it is..
    do you guys face anything like that.

2. StaarBearer

StaarBearer Senior IL'ite

@revathia,

I have a class-mate who's into consulting and is settled in Amsterdam. Though he admitted that he lots some perks when moving to a consultant role from being an employee, he is happy about him being a consultant.

Job security is a concern at the moment to regular employees as well, I dont think consultants can be singled-out. Infact many biggies prefer consultants than employees to avoid confrontations and for a smoother operation.

If Your DH loves his job and has no issues with his work, I dont think You have reasons to worry. Dont worry, its alright.

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Revathi.... my DH also keeps changing job & I happened to mention it to my mgr (male) who said.... guys need a change... they cant change wife so why not job.. :rotfl:biglaugh since that day I never had issues with his changes.

4. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

hi all,

even my dh keep on changing his job, bike, mobile, etc in every 2 years.

He also admits that he cant change his wife, so keeps changing all these things.

Eventhough, we lose pf, esi, graduity , (also no settlement in retirement), i have to cope up with him.

latha

5. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    My husband used to change job frequently. He never stayed in a company more than 1 year. But in the current he is working for more than 1 year and he is having job satisfaction. Generally men change jobs for more salary. But in his case, he is getting less sal than what he got earlier. He is working here just for job satisfaction. Now he is telling that he wont left this job till retirement. This is what they are searching for. Some in search of good work environment, some for money and some for job satisfaction.

6. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Well.. my problem is the exact opposite:). My DH is the other extreme . He wouldnt change his job or even his project ( or even the sub-project in the main project for that matter) because he is very comfortable with what he currently does.

Advantages of this - Now that we have a kid,it is a good thing that we dont need to worry about job instabilities, shifting, packing etc. Late working and business travel is never a problem.

Disadvantages of this - With almost 8 yrs of experience in nice MNCs, I am left jobless because it is hard to find a job in the same location. Another thing I feel is, for eg: after staying in same job for say 15 yrs, it is difficult to adjust to a new job and your knowledgebase is limited to your what you have learnt in the current job only. For someone who keeps changing jobs often, this will not be a problem.

Revathia,

IMO, it is OK if he keeps changing jobs every year. Especially since he is into consulting, I feel it is common to change to get a better billing.
    But in the long run, once you have kids and they start going to school etc,it is better to get settled in one place by then.