1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DH asking back jewels on demand cos of MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by icyspicy, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Dear ICY

I have read your other posts too... and I am aware of your routine family issues.

My sincere advice to you is, please do not rush for babies now. Its a big responsibility and being pregnant in a problematic marriage life is very difficult.

How old are you?
    If you are already over 30 yrs.. and have health issues like PCOD, over weight, irregular periods etc... then you should think about your pregnancy now with a support of a Gyneac. Because no doctor will advice you to postpone your first pregnancy while you are having all such issues (age, health issues etc...) and it will untimately complicate your pregnancy.

But if you do not have any of those issues, then wait until you properly settle in your marriage life. Do not bring a new life into this mess. I am sure you won't be able to handle that.

Coming to your current problem......

If the jewels are gifted to you, then you must keep them at your place or at your bank locker. Not with your ILs and not with your parents.
    You and your DH are adult enough to get married, so you should be adult enough to take care of your jewels too. Your parents shouldn't involve in this matter.

I really don't know why your dad has taken all your jewels and kept them in India while you all stay in UAE. Whatever the reasons, you should inform your dad to bring the jewels back and give them to you.
    Inform your MIL that you have taken necessary steps to get your jewels back.
    This is not your MIL's fault, not your DH's fault - so do not complain. Try to understand and analyse the problem and make decisions accordingly.

The second major problem is your DH's mood swings and his time spending with his FOO. It is really bad.

I guess, your DH must have felt irritated or uncomfortable with your constant naging (I can understand why do you nag... But pls try to reduce/stop for your own bettermant).
    Also, do not lock your self in your bed room and expect your DH to start romance with you while your ILs are still watching TV in the main room. Why don't you sit with everyone and watch the TV programme as a family??? Then slowly they will involve you in their family discussions.

I don't think your MIL and FIL also watch TV till 3.am. If not, you can sit with them until a reasonable time (say..10 or 11 pm), then go to bed with everyone. That time your DH wouldn't feel embarassed to have romance with you as no one would be noticing you guys.

Frankly I can't imagine my self having intimacy with my DH while I am having this much issues and misunderstanding... I think your DH too thinks the same.

First try to analyse your problems... Do not complain your MIL for everything...
    As far as I know, most of your problems have been created by you or your parents... The current problems (jewels and DH's time spending) too no exceptions. So, you need to change, and work hard to solve your problems. The less you complain, the more you feel secure and happy.

2. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

U all say there should be love and trust between husband and wife...suppose i believe tht my dh dosent love me ....how shld i make him love me.....i am a straight forward person ...i think being tht dindt work our and all the situations went against me ....i dont know so muc hhow t obe diplomatic to get my things done...is there any way ...tht thtrough diplomacy i can make my dh intimate towars me and do my things at home according to stable scheduled?.....i am tired of thinking abt unconditional love and showing my husband tht i love him a lot....yes i do love him...but i guess more than love i should show my diplomacy there to be good in their eyes....can u pls show me ways in different situations ....let belive tht my dh does not love me and has take me for granted (its true)...pls show me a way

3. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

I feel my husband is very diplomatic towards me & my parents ...hes not to his parents its obvious...i think he is just fulfilling his "obligation" since hes already married to me so i beleive he does not love me.....is there any way i can make him "love me " & not be diplomatic to me for any sake....for how long can a diplomatic reltionship continues between husband and wife...there should be "love" one day...i want tht day to come ....i am reayd t oaccpet tht my dh does not love me and is diplomatic just to get things done from our family ...maybe.....but i want him to "love me from his heart " one day....please help me out here....how should i make a start ...i am right now in my parents home since 3 days....how long should i stay here.....my dh dindt call me since 2 days .....i feel bad...shldi stay longer or go back?

4. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Weekdays

6:30 am - me and DH get up...dh goes for bath...i prepare bfast & packhid tiffin for lunch
    7:00 -Dh leaves for office
    7:15 - 7:30 : I wash my face & get ready for morning walk
    7:30 - 8:00 - 8:30 : Return from morning walk ,have a bath
    8:30 - 10:30 : take rest
    10:30 -11:30 : Get up ,have bfast & wash dishes left my Inlaws who get up at 9:30

11:30-12:00 : tidy room
    12 :00 - 1:30 pm : prepare 2 currys & rice for lunch & dinner ,wash all dishes and set everything on table for me & mil & dil
    2:00 - 3:00 : have lunch & wash dishes ,finish work
    3:00 - 5:00 : relax ,sit on net while inlws r sleeping till 5:30pm
    5:00 - 5:30 : make tea for inlws & husband and keep (i dont drink often) and get ready for evening walk
    6:00 pm - 7:30 : got for evening walk,return & have bath ,pray
    7:30 -8:30 : make tea ready for dh who comes home at 8:00 ,make rotis for dinner for me & dh

8:00 :dh comes homes (sits in front of tv or talks to his paretns till 9:30 )
    9:30-10:30 :dh leave for gym and returns at 10:30 ,i have my dinner cos of gas problem
    10:30 - 11:00 : returns n has a bath
    11:00 pm :dh has his dinner ,i wait and then again was remaining dishes ,work finishes by 11:30

11:30 -01 am :dh sits opn laptop or talks to parents or watch tv
    1:30:dh comes to room to sleep

This shedules we hardly have time to spend time with each other or talk also

Weekends

after dh returns home on thursday (fri & sat is holiday )

12:00 am :dh puts a movie and all 4 of us watch movies till 3:am
    3:00 am : somehow force my dh to goto sleep but by then hes tired n v dont have time for intimacy
    Friday : 12pm : get up late cos slept late previous day
    1:00 pm - prepare lunch,have bath & pray
    3:00 pm- 4:00 : have lunch ,wash dishes
    4:00 - 5:00 : dh sits with parents again and chats ,not time for us to spend alone again ,
    5:00 : i go n make tea
    5:30 - 7:00 :dh still is with parents & plans to go out

evening we got out return by 12:am then again same routine as thursday ,retun and watch movie till 3 am then sleep ...saturday goes same as friday

I feel there is lack of intimacy & us spendingtime alone ...i have told hi matleast keep one day for us ...he says ok but does the same thing ....i get frustrated and angry....this is exactly how my days go everyday every month...any suggesstions to change my schedules....i have told my dh so tht we can go n sleep early ...he agrees but dosent follow....next day i remind him to come come otbed early...he says 5 minutes but does the same thing...i get tired of telling him

5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Icy, you're doing a good job and I feel sad for your plight...
    Moving forward you have 2 options:

1) Enroll with a lawyer to do the needful, since you're trying to communicate to your DH what you want .. he says YES but like a dog's tail bends towards his mother's wishes... it goes the same for me... only difference this nonsense started after I concieved/ delivered.

2) Enroll with a fertility clinic to concieve cos babies can't be made with a monthly encounter on day suitable for MIL and her mood and loads of tortures on your head.

shldi stay longer or go back?
    Depends on what you want in life.. there's no direct pill that can be fed to DH that he starts loving you or a pill for inlaws to stop speaking against you, if you can carry on with this low level profile.. go back to DH's home cos he's not coming around wagging tails behind you... whether you like it or no.
    If you think you deserve more than this then go ahead and take the risk but whatever it is dont get panicky but take a strong stand.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  6. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Icy, why do you love your husband so much? Is it because of the bond called marriage or because you love him as a person? You seem to be very sincere to him and very open, but they are not reciprocating.

7. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

hi,
    if watching movie till late night is affecting ur life style, then why dont u try pulling out some wire/ knob or two of the idiot box so that u can get some time before the TV is fixed up. if you do this at least twice within a span of three months a nd utilise their time without TV in a useful manner i.e. taking dh out with u or spend time with him pleasantly it shall start the road to making a bond between the two of you.
    try and good luck to you

8. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

I love him as a person....i dont mind if he dosent reciprocate..but i want a way in which i can "make him reciprocate"...even now i jst called him ....he talk nice to me and all tht....but hes playfull...he will suddenly call me silly names andask them to repeat when he does....sumtimes i find him childish....i dont mind as long as i can feel secure abt him ....i am not able to understand his real feelings for me....its like im inside a fog...

9. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Icy, first you must be emotionally very strong. Don't become desperate in a relationship. If people are good human beings they will not make the loved ones cry or feel unsecured.

You first become strong and think whether your husband deserves you, your love, your adjustments, sacrifices and the torture of your mil.

10. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Hello
    From a single post of yours on the topic ‘Who does What’ got me all confused as I could smell something wrong with your family life. Later I happened to find this recent post of yours coming up under ‘recent threads’ title (did not go through all your posts) and could not help but respond. I really feel sad for you and am concerned about how you take it forth..

Your DH is not at all strong enough to take a decision on his own, nor can he take control of the situations by himself. So you need to be bold and act. Don’t always depend on your parents to solve out your problems for you. The only person who has to listen to your problems and sort them out is your DH.

Your Inlaws have already lived their lives and if now they are interfering in your lives and creating a mess, that ‘coz of their over possessiveness which is now ruining their son’s life. Your DH is seems to be least aware of the fact as he is and always had been a ‘mamma’s boy’.

You love your DH to the core but to be loved and accepted by him you can’t be bearing all the insults and live like a slave. Now I think your DH needs to change.. When you get to talk to him, tell him / mail him to note down his priorities in life(you too sort out your priorities and let him know)..

Ask him – is this the way you wanted to live your life? How good a husband do you think you are? What are your expectations from your wife? What changes he/you are ready to make to be able to lead a better life? About intimacy issue and spening some more time with you (be careful not to make a comparison here abt the time spend with his parents or anything of that sort).. all this you may not find time to talk to him (due to MIL intereference). So better write a letter / mail and ask him to reply his own views (not considering what his mom’s opionion would be).

About having a baby..do you feel this is the right time for it? I’ll say NO. First sort out things, create an evironment for a new soul then you may think about conceiving.
    By the way are you not interested in taking up a job? Atleast then you could have stayed away from all this mess for a while and had peace of mind. (hey thts just my thought)

Hope you'll be able to sort it out asap.. but you need to be real strong. Always Believe: You have all the right to demand what you need from your husband. husband's gift to wife (be it jewels or anything else) need not be returned on ILs demand is what i strongly feel. Let him know in an assertive tone that "you'll get rid of all the gifts he gave once he is ready to get rid of you" (hope he won't do that:hide:) "otherwise they'll all go with you both till the end of your lives"
    Good Luck and the Very Best Wishes

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.