1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DH asking back jewels on demand cos of MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by icyspicy, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkramadh

rkramadh New IL'ite

ICY, My heart truly goes out for you! You seem young/naive/scared/confused. None of it is your fault, you were brought up that way (no, I am not trying to blame your parents but you ARE a product of your environment/upbringing). Let me ask you something, how much support do you get from your own parents? Are they OK with their daughter suffering like this? May be you have to ask them that! See if they will take you back if you decide to walk away. If they push you back into this hell hole, then I feel even more sorry for you. This whole affair of jewelry etc with your MIL, well she is being ridiculous and immature! Throw the jewelry in her face, see if that jewelry will cook/clean/cater to her every whim/wish! See if that will take care of her son! It just shows how pathetic and stupid she is fighting about jewelry while there is a crisis in the house (albeit the crisis is for you, not for her as long as you are her maid!). Please go talk to a counselor, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Of course, if your H is willing to go with you too, that would be the real deal. No guarantee that he will actually implement any of it. So many people here have accused of nagging! I hate that word because when a woman repeats herself to death and the man continues to behave like an idiot over and over again repeating his mistakes, why is the woman being blamed? Then what is the word for his damn repetitive behavior? Is it compulsive behavior? Why isn't the man's actions never getting such annoying names? You are just requesting the same from him over and over again because he is resistant to change but you don't know what else to do. I bet you wouldn't have to repeat your requests if that H of yours had a brain/spine! I could go on and on but I sincerely wish/pray that you find peace. Do take a class of some kind, get a break from that hell hole for a few hours atleast each day, concentrate on finding yourself and then you will be clearer in your mind as to what you want. Your young age is also part of the issue in terms of being mature about knowing what you want. This confirms my strong belief always that neither a boy nor a girl should marry till they are atleast 26-27. Yes I know some are very mature earlier than that, but scientifically speaking, there is a time for everything!!!!

2. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Srividya...wot r those chit chat forums....can u pls tell me?

If in case my dh calls up on the weekday(he calls only during office hrs )...should i ask him y he dint bother to call me ?...or jst leave it to show him tht im not botered too...i dont know wot to say ?Any sugesstions?

I am also searching for jobs or mebbe give tutions at home....cos my mom would be going another eye surgery in a month.I have to be there for her morning till night to attend to her after the surgery so i guess ill take up tutions at home so tht i can manage cooking n looking after her at the same time .

3. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Icy, if your husband calls, play it by ear. You don't need to have a plan for everything. As for why he didn't call, you already know why (i.e. his mom is around him on the weekend) so there's really no point in asking about it since you know he would never come out and admit the real reason.

If I were in your shoes, I would focus on having meaninful conversation, about where you see this relationship going, and his take on the situation. Instead of playing a cat and mouse game where you act not interested when he calls, try to get a conversation going where important stuff can be discussed, without you playing coy, or him playing the fool. If he starts saying goofy stuff to try and brush your complaints under the rug, ask him to call back tomorrow when he can act mature.

4. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Sure thnks for ur replies ASG and everyone!

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Icy

here is the link to the chit chat forum..Community Chit-Chat - IndusLadies

I would want you to join the chat threads and start chatting regular stuff and for sometime am closing this thread . Yes seems like this is one way of WE ALL steering you towards stopping any discussions on your husband andd marriage for a while.

Come to chit chat threads, discuss about jobs, past time activities, beauty and health anything else! good luck. (Sorry friends if you all thought am closing this thread abruptly, but you all know ICy has to move on atleast temporarily away from this thread and discussion)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.