1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DH asking back jewels on demand cos of MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by icyspicy, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

hmmm...yeah...planning to buy a new mobile cos my old one's out!...so guess i will be goin to electronics store t ocheck out sum nice models ...u know any good cell fones with good features ...u know for listenignto songs on bluetooth headset ?....

btw do u have kids?

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Nope! By the way, how old do you think I am!!! I'm only 22! And I'm still in school (doing MBA and CPA) so as you can imagine, I'm kind of not ready for that yet. But maybe in a few years. :thumbsup

I don't know of any good cell phones for songs, I'm not very tech savy. :oops: But I do use an I-Pod when I go to the gym.

Anyways, got to run. will check back later on this thread to see what's up. Take care!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  3. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

thts gr8...have a good life ahead...may God give u happy life n keep the love btwn u n ur hubby everlasting.....anyways its quite late here in uae....time to goto sleep will be in touch...gnite ASG!

4. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

What's been happening Icy, since I began writing to you: I changed jobs, traveled to some not-so-far away places, and got a major hair cut!

5. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Gr8! hear tht....

Today is the weekend here..Fridays n saturdays....so maybe will go out

Oh BTW...my dh never contacts me on weekends cos of his mom....till now no contact from him....i wonder y hes so scared of his mom?!

6. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Im kind of starting 2 miss my dh ...I had planned to have a secong honeymoon with him in july or august...(he fulfilling it is another story)...i didnt know my marriage life would turn around again ...1st year ...separation cos of his mom ....now him....our marriage life has been in lots of ups and downs n unstable...huge problems withing the initial year of of marriage....i dont know y i still love him so much ...waiting for his call .....

I know u all will scream at me for this .....:)...but just thought of sharing my feelings to u.

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Icy

To beat the boredom or to keep you occupied, come on to the chit chat forums . You can see lots of threads there where you can discuss all general day to day stuff..lots of our friends are on those threads. So that for sometime you can forget this marriage issue/problem and take your mind off of those issues. If you turn your attention to something else for some time (instead of your husband and marriage) might be you would know how easy it is to ignore and start life again.

Let me know if you are ok with me closing this thread temporarily..

8. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

:bowdown:bowdown Srividhya :bowdown:bowdown Mate, I suggested this long time ago :thumbsup:thumbsup

9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Icy, it's normal to miss somebody who was/is a big part of your life like your husband is. But I think it'll be very telling if he doesn't call you this weekend. I mean, if I cared about my spouse, I would not let anyone stand in my way of calling him just because it is 'the weekend' and just because 'parents' are around.

I don't think it's that he's scared of his mom. I think it's just he cares about keeping her happy more than he cares about keeping you happy, and hence doesn't want to rock the boat at home by calling you. Being #1 son in the world seems more important to him than being #1 husband. Just my observation. If he really was taking this seperation seriously and was scared to lose you, he wouldn't give a damn what his mom said about calling you.

p.s. Sri gave excellant advice about doing something non husband, non marriage related this weekend to take your mind off things and give you a new perspective. Try it!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  10. rkramadh

rkramadh New IL'ite

Tugga, sorry but are you for real? You seem to think it's Icy's job like a servant to clean up after her MIL? Do you have guests that leave a mess and then TELL you to clean up too? Yes, guests are not expected to clean but neither neither should they boss over their hosts, so get real!!!! You claim to have experience giving counseling in Sudan. All you have done is to undermine Icy's efforts and finding faults with her dal making/dough making stupid stuff. Looks like you and many women in this forum accept that women are "supposed" to do all the housework and it's OK for men to sit on their behinds and suck up to their parents or ignore the wife etc etc. Just because you are doing all that work at home doesn't mean it's the way all women should be! May be many women here accept it because of their upbringing/cultural background...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.