Devotees of Sri Ramakrishna

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by shivaVP, May 4, 2010.

1. shivaVP

shivaVP New IL'ite

[​IMG] hi

My family and my husband's family all are devotees of Sri Ramakrishna. Back in India we use to regularly visit the Math and participate in all its activities. Here in California we do have a private centre but that's quite far from our place.

This thread is for all who would like to share anything related to Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.

Those who are not aware about them, pls feel free to ask.

Regards. :)

2. shivaVP

shivaVP New IL'ite

Hello To all,

Here are some Sayings of Sri Ramakrishna :

• *"Life is an expression of the spontaneous creativity (Lila) of God. Pleasure and pain, success and failure, etc are to be borne with patience, and one should resign oneself to God’s will under all circumstances."

• * "The goal of human life is the realization of the Ultimate Reality which alone can give man supreme fulfilment and everlasting peace. This is the essence of all religions."

3. shivaVP

shivaVP New IL'ite

Hello to all,

Saying contd...

"God is in all men, but all men are not in God; that is why we suffer."

"Many are the names of God and infinite the forms through which He may be approached."

4. shivaVP

shivaVP New IL'ite

Hello to all,

Some Sayings for the Householder:

"Do all your duties, but keep your mind on God. Live with all - with wife and children, father and mother - and serve them. Treat them as if they were very dear to you but know in your heart of hearts that they do not belong to you."

5. shivaVP

shivaVP New IL'ite

Hello to all,

Some Sayings on Karma:

"It is not possible for you to give up work altogether. Your very nature will lead you to it whether you like it or not. Therefore the scriptures ask you to work in a detached spirit, that is to say, not to crave for the work's results. To work in such a spirit of detachment is known as Karma yoga."

6. shivaVP

shivaVP New IL'ite

Hi to All Viewers,

I feel really strange that despite of having 185 views to this post there is not a single reply.

:confused2:

7. shivaVP

shivaVP New IL'ite

Hello to all,

Some more Sayings,

"Egoism, caused by ignorance, is the root-cause of all suffering."

8. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

Hi ShivaP,

I like this thread. I have gone to the mutt two or three times, along with my daughter. She is the devotee of Sri Ramakrishna. She likes Swami Vivekaananda too.. The sayings posted by you are really worth and I like it.

Ramavyasarajan