Devotees of pondicherry mother and aurobindo

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by sujakalyan, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Re: Mother ...

Just thought would share one of the many experiences that I had..

My pet dog took seriously ill and my vet said since he is very old there was no chance of him surviving.

I could not bear to see him suffer and wanted him to pass away peacefully.

All the years that he was with me, I would telll him when I was leaving the house that I am going out and would be back either soon... or late.. depending on what I would tell him he would either go inside and lie on the bed or wait near the door .

When I saw him suffering and was helpless .. I turned to Mother . I took Jeff on my lap and told him.." Mother will take care of you .. You go to her .. Amma will come after a long time" and believe me .. he died peacefully within the next couple of hours.

Mother is everything for me .

Others out there with wonderful experiences with Mother ?

Bhooma

2. Shakta Kaur

Shakta Kaur New IL'ite

Hi Bhooma,

Thanks for posting your experience as well as the mode of worship of the divine Mother. I am a devotee of Shri Shirdi Sai Babaji but have been drawn towards Mother too. Maybe becoz I am going thru a very tough time in life. Earlier also I had asked whether Mother still helps and a answer was given to my query.

I still would love to read more about the experiences of Mother of Pondicherry.

Regards,
    Shakta K

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhooma
    could u tell me what flowers to offer everyday to mother? also why the offering of 1.25?
    Thanks

4. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Dear Poornima

I honestly dont know why it is 1.25. Maybe the next time there is a prayer meeting I will confirm with the people who are more knowledgeable and let you know.

regarding flowers.. Mother loves flowers .. You can keep any flower you want. I buy flowers on a daily basis . so I use that . Otherwise on my morning walks I pick up a couple of flowers and use them too.

In my next posting I shall send details of the various flowers and their significance .. I had picked this up during one of the prayer meetings

Cheers
    Bhooma

5. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Dear Poornima

I honestly dont know why it is 1.25. Maybe the next time there is a prayer meeting I will confirm with the people who are more knowledgeable and let you know.

regarding flowers.. Mother loves flowers .. You can keep any flower you want. I buy flowers on a daily basis . so I use that . Otherwise on my morning walks I pick up a couple of flowers and use them too.

In my next posting I shall send details of the various flowers and their significance .. I had picked this up during one of the prayer meetings

Cheers
    Bhooma

6. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear ac,

i have given the link for flowers.Try this

Flower of the Month

I also had the practice of putting coins and i would send the money to the ashram.

Now a days i give that money to some poor people..

7. shailytrivedi

shailytrivedi Senior IL'ite

Hi

I am so happy to see this thread. I am a devotee of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother since childhood. My grandfather is a long time devotee of Sri Aurobindo, I consider him my guru for sri aurobindo yoga. When I was in India I use to ask so many queries to him and he would answer so patiently. As now I have come to US, I am not able to communitate with him that frequently, so I got depressed. Coz I could find nobody around me who are devotees of sri aurobindo ashram.

Now with Mothers grace I found the right place for me.....
    Please do keep posting the good information about different things related to the Mother and Sri Aurobindo.

Thank a lot to you
    Shaily

8. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

This is the details given by Chitraji in another forum
    Re: அரவிந்த அன்னைக்கு சமர்ப்பணம்:

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>Dear Friends,
    I am posting first in English, some flowers' names, I have written down in English. Next will follow a long list in tamil.

Immortality - Vadamalli

Power to reject adverse suggestions - Crotons

Enthusiasm - petuniya

Protection - bouganvillae

Integral protection - white bouganvillae

Power of harmony - hawaiian hibiscus

Cooperation - carnation

Help - lemon grass

Successful future - blanket flower

Lasting remembrance - forget me not

Light - day queen

Quiet mind - Oleander (single or white)

Bravery - Amaranthus bicolour

Boldness - cockscomb

Dynamic power - hibiscus, light to medium red

Continuity - acalypha

Endurance - zinnia

Victory - alamanda

Resolution - lady of the night

Generosity - balsam

Surrender of all false hood - oleander, double, pink

Idealism - cornflower OR Bachelor's button

New creation - tube rose (sampangi)

Nobility - dahliya ( very large, dark red)

Gentleness - sweet pea

Balance - small baegoniya

Perfect balance - large baegoniya

Purity - jasmine

Dignity - dahliya ( double - medium to fairly large)

Contemplation of the Divine - Oleander, white, shaded light pink

Constant remembrance of the Divine - Japanese honeysuckle

Intuitive knowledge - divi divi

Psychological perfection - frangipani (perungkaLLi)

Receptivity - gladiolus

Offering - hollyhock

Love,
    Chithra.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post177102 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TD class=thead>

<TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_177102>

9. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Dear Bhooma,

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to meet up with you here virtually. 'Calling/Sending Mother' is something that I read in the books long long ago. One person has written that when she faced problems she would pray with all her heart to Mother and ask Her to go the person who gives trouble to help her out. I dont remember the article fully. I am sure someone would be aware of this.

Thanks
    Poornima

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  10. jelaja

jelaja New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am a devotee of Mother too, I have been to the ashram in Pondycherry a couple of years back, as for me even when I think of her I immediately feel immense peace and a feeling of security engulfing me, I instantly relax become very calm, I think of MOTHER always and request her to be with me and guide me.

Jelaja.