Devi Bhagavatam or Devi puranam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by BelieveGod4ever, Apr 27, 2010.

1. csyde

csyde Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I could not start the parayana last friday. MI am reading sri guru charitra now. After this i will start reading devi bhagavatam. Once again thank you very much.

2. madhuriarepogu

madhuriarepogu Junior IL'ite

Hi ILs,

If anyone need Devi bhagavatham online book check in Digital Library of India

site

Madhuri:thumbsup

SaiSamarth143 likes this.
  3. Angumani

Angumani Bronze IL'ite

hi madhuri!

Thanks for sharing the site.Thebook was is telugu. please let me know to get devi bhagavatam in English or Tamil.

thanks
    Angayarkanni

4. madhuriarepogu

Hello Angayarkanni ,

Pls see the attachemnet Sri Devi Bhagavatham in English or try tamilcube site for the same, I dont know tamil details God grace I will try for tamil mean while.

Madhuri

5. sreesowji

sreesowji New IL'ite

hi sarasa !
    i want telugu mp3 of 'mani dweepa varnana".plz post it for me. am searching for last 2 months.at last am joind this site for this reason only.plz...........................am egarly waiting for your replay

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  6. sreesowji

sreesowji New IL'ite

and i need it in telugu

7. neerajkrsna

neerajkrsna New IL'ite

Dear All,

purANa pArAyaNaM is not an easy task and that too reading 18000 shlokas in 9 days is not for everyone. You should have to be directed by your Guru to read it without which the effort will be laid waste.

In the last chapter of last skanda of zrImad devIbhAgavata mahApurANaM, there is a shloka that says "Never any
    woman nor any S’ûdra, is to read this herself or himself, even out of ignorance; rather they
    should hear this from the mouth of a Brâhmana. This is the rule of the S’âstras.
    "

If any woman or man want's zrIdevI grace, to bless you infinitely, please go to a brAhmaNa to learn anything (spiritual) and that is the rule laid down by zrIdevI herself.

Besides, reading without initiation into samskRta bhAshya by an AcArya will only create akSara bhedana, causing adverse effects to those uninitiated.

There are people who always say, these days don't bother about all these things and only devotion matters, but neither these half-baked heads nor the one who dont follow the rules will have the slightest benefit/siddhi in religious efforts.

The only person for whom no rules apply will be the one who is in the knowledge of the infinite or a sannyasi/ati-ashrami or for a real devI bhakata (real bhakta will not be involving with 'mleccha/meat eaters' created technology - internet).

I pray may zrIdevI who is in loftiest peaks of Meru, one beyond thought and words give us real knowledge and lead us ignorant pashus in the right path.

ayyai namaH
    Neeraj

8. madhuriarepogu

HI ILS,

Check in this site Digital Library of India.com

in this site u have to type devi bhagavatham and lang as u need Tamil/ telugu/ bengali/ hindi/english all are avalaible .

Madhuri

9. alivelu

alivelu Senior IL'ite

Hi mouni garu,
    Thank you for you in put. We stay at Hyderabad. I am searching for this book from so many days. I am unable to find this book in our near by book stores. Please can you give me the publishers address and phone numbers mentioned in the book? Thank you in advance.
    Alivelu

10. csyde

csyde Silver IL'ite

You can find the book in Thagur publishing house in Kachiguda X roads. Opp to vysya hostel. I got the book from that place.

Hope you can make out. Else I can give out the contact details may be tomorrow.