Devastated...my cutie pie Julie is sinking..

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

My dear buddies,
    Just a short note to say that my 15 yr old Julie is fast sinking.She was suffering from cardiac problemsfor a while and was under treatment.Four days ago she took a turn for the worse...suffered some sort of a stroke ...waist downwards has gone lm,p and she has refused any nourishment since then.The Vet gave her Dextrose & sodium Chloride drips and a whole lot of drugs intravenously but nothing has helped.The inevitable has to be faced ....but how tough that is! I've been nursing her round the clock giving her milk and glucose with a syringe ...force feeding her .Since three hours she has refused to swallow even that.She is just lying there in her little bed...has a high temperature too.Vet says its meaningless to start a battery of tets to find out anything as it will only hasten her end by stressing her out.So thats that .
    It breaks my heart so to see her little furry body heaving up and down gasping.Our Lab Romeo is also subdued and just goes close to her and nudges her as if asking her to get up and play...so touching.
    I doubt if she'll last thru this night...I'm praying for a peaceful end as I cannot ask for anything more since she has served her time on earth well ...15 years of joy she gave us....
    She was active till last week and even chased a stray cat that had ventured into our garden ....and now she is just lying there breathing her last.

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Paulina dear,

I can understand your feeling as you write about Julie :-(. It would indeed be sad. I pray that she has easy time ahead. I gather that its her last few hours now. Sorry dear...be brave.

My prayers are with you. Hugs to you. Take care.

Bye

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

My heart goes out to you, I understand exactly what you must be going through, dear Lalitha

We were in a similar position two times in the last 10 years

Our little Frisky, a pom/lhasa apso combination suffered in much the same as your Julie...
    More recently, we had a golden retriever pup named Max who died of dust allergy

Broke our hearts, took a long time to come to terms with the loss... so much so we decided not to have a pet dog for some time... till the little ones grow up a bit

Hang in there, dear Lalitha, no words can soothe the hurt and pain but we are here for you at this time of grief...

May God give you the strength to live through the coming days...

Love,
    Padma

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Dear Paulina mam,

Very sorry to hear that..... yesterday I wished she could some how overcome this pain and get beck to normal..... now I dont.... I pray that "Let her not suffer any more"..... I'm sure she is feeling bad to leave too..... please be with her throughout (I know u are doing it already....).... Its just that she needs to leave her body (as the body's time is over) to come to you and stay with you permanently.....
    I uderstand that though we know this, its still difficult to even part with her body.....
    Please have the strength mam, Please think of Romeo, he will be more worried if he sees you in pain.....

Take Care Mam.

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear RPA
    So sorry to hear this news.. I know she was not keeping well from last few weeks and the trouble you were taking in bringing her back to normal. I can understand your pain as even I have gone through this. We love them so dearly and when it is time for them to leave us is more painful.
    So sweet of Romea to be so concerned about his friend.
    Have courage my dear. God give you strength to face it. I know how much you loved her your posts wouldn't be without the mention of them both.

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear buddy,
    The words speak your feelings and emotions you are having for Julie.
    Saying goodbye to a beloved pet can be difficult. Many of those who have experienced the death of a pet compare it to losing a family member. Animals provide emotional support, companionship, and unconditional love to their owners, so when they pass away, feelings of sorrow and expressions of grief are normal and should be expected.Sorry! I am not able to console you with mere words.
    with love
    pad

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Dearmost Paulina

I pray you have courage during this time. I know you loved her so much, just be at peace that she is going to be in a more beautiful place and will be taken care of. No more sufferings for her right?

God bless.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Paulina,
    I am really sorry about Julie's condition. I pray that she be at peace. You will have to be strong, it is very difficult to lose a loved one. Only yesterday I replied to your thread and saw the photos. Really sorry!

9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

My Heartfelt prayers for Julie,let her journey to the Final destination be smooth, she must be feeling bad too .... to leave u all. Your post describes how much ur family loved her and will miss her.

Just praying that her end comes without troubling her much and let her unite with Almighty. Be Brave ... God Bless!