1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Determined

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Jan 9, 2013.

1. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

I open my eyes and I am between two crumbled sheets of linen and my pillow. The one that occupied my thoughts when my eyes were closes resumes. It has been quite a recent addition into me, just roughly above two weeks.

Actually I am not ready for such relationships and always avoided saying “for my nature and patience level, I can’t afford anyone in my life or end up hurting someone daily”. But only coz of my amma’s liking, I decided to have a try.

I was okay to begin with, but as days flew I found it really hard to manage with this extra member. I could not find any balance. Moreover, the one I am talking about tries to make me a different me, unlike the real me.

Every morning the one eats my time and brain before leaving to office. And my colleagues also could make something different happening to me and everyone is tossing some questions.

I thought shouting or yelling may not make any difference. And it may not be fair too, as it’s I who allowed this relationship and it’s up to me to get rid of.

I get up from my bed and wander here and there, making sure I want to do what I had planned. I seriously gave a second thought, what if I miss the one badly tomorrow. But I ensured I was determined to do it.

I looked around and reached for a sharp tool there. «Bang» on head. There are two ways to use any tool, with an elegance as a surgeon would do; or brutal as a butcher would do. I chose the second way, repeating the action again and again until I was convinced.

I wash my hands and face, look into the mirror, and look into my own eyes; there is no tinge of guilt in it. My lips make a firm uppish curve kind of proud, as it always does and says,

“I look better without mustache

~Dec ´2012

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Strangerrr, Nice to see you back. And Could not even guess what you are talking about till the end.... Read it for second time too.

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I could guess a bit only towards the penultimate para, Sir. But should give it to you, for I was not able to nail it down before reading the end. Nice one. -rgs

4. suby

suby Silver IL'ite

Only at the end I could make out. Nice post with suspence.

-suby

5. sanrags

sanrags Bronze IL'ite

super , sema twist

6. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Nice to receive you fb as first one, Pallavi. Many Thanks :)

7. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Feels good to get appreciated by someone who master this art, rgs.

Thanks a ton :)

8. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the fb, suby :)

9. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

´

Thanks for the fb, sanrags :)