1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Determination

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Jul 20, 2011.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Many times I have sat and thought to myself what does this thing ‘Determination’ mean or what does it do to me, I had been clueless until one day there came a time when my hubby dear proved the importance of determination to me….

My husband and myself had bought the pebbles from Bangalore to keep as a showpiece, and I had completely forgotten about that and the days went by but not until one night my hubby woke up from his sleep and asked me about the pebbles, initially I was clueless what my hubby was asking me about and all I wanted to do was SLEEP sleep and just sleep that time..
    MY hubby figured out my laziness he woke up from the bed, and searched for the pebbles himself in all possible places, but to his dismay he couldn’t find the pebbles anywhere, that’s when I thought my hubby requires my help in searching however that didn’t lead to any good…
    Our search for the pebbles continued until we realized it was too late for us to go back to sleep again, I wanted to give up the search and thought of buying new pebbles, but my hubby wanted the same pebbles which we had bought..

He did not wanted to give up the search and he continued and guess what? He finally figured out the pebbles and now it’s a part of a show piece in my home, I was really touched buy the immense effort and determination my hubby had put in to figure out the pebbles….

That’s when I realized when we are really determined to achieve something, we should never ever give up until we get it, obstacles on our way to success is obvious but turning them into success and having a determined mind definitely leads to success….
    My hubby was happy since he found the pebbles and I was happy since I learnt an important lesson from my hubby, this reminds me of a quote which I had read several years ago, ‘Life teaches lessons in several ways but its upto you to take it’ .

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai nandi,

surely determined hardwork will help us to achieve our goal and utlimtelu Success will be the result. Nicely narrated.

3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

hema thank u for liking my post and sri yes i agree determination and hardwork is ery important for a person to achieve success