1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Details about Contraceptive Pills

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by JuhiAgarwal, Dec 1, 2009.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Re: Question on OCP, please help

Hi,

I also have PCOS and was on OCP for nearly 1 yr.Let me tell you-OCP is not a treatment,in India doctors say that OCP is a way of treating PCOS but not actually- you can only control PCOS with exercise and diet rather than through medicines.Lot of information about PCOS is available in internet.Please browse and get well informed and decide your best course of action.

2. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi JGVR,

Thanks for the reply. My mensus are always regular and i am not overweight, but have painful periods. When ultrasound was done it was shown as PCOS, i am planning to conceive after 5 months, so doc has put me on OCP as she said it will work for my painful mensus, PCOS and can try for baby after 5 months as well...

Thanks for dropping in and giving suggestion.

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear... When you are around your ovulation, IC can result in pregnancy. With OCPs, you won't be in ovulation time, hence IC is safe in that period!
    Take care..

4. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy,

Thanks for your reply again. Hope everything will be fine..

5. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pandusk,

Your gynec is right and you can have IC on those days if you are on pills. I wish you all the best and hope you get the good news very soon.

6. Glory1

Glory1 New IL'ite

Worried

Hi, everyone! I have been taking birth control for a little over ten years now and I have just started taking them without stopping, skipping the the "fake pills" and into the new pack. I have only skipped one period and now I have light but deep brown spotting and pretty painful lower back pains, but only on the right side. I have been sexualy active and was wondering if anyone could tell me, if this is just a normal side effect of taking birth control non-stop or could I (hopefully not) be pregnant?

7. keepintouch

keepintouch New IL'ite

contraceptive

Hi,

I am 30 year old lady, i have a 10 months old baby , this is my first one. Now I want to use contraceptive and i discsussed with the same with doctor manorma singh, she sits in max noida. she told me about multi load. Now any one can advice me , how good this contraceptive is and which is better multi load or copper-t. Please advice and share ur experience.

Thanks
    Payal

8. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: contraceptive

HI Payal,
    Congratulations on your LO's arrival. Though I have no experience of Copper T but been on Multiload for the past 6 months. Initial months were toomuch of flow during periods but slowly getting adjusted.
    Check with your gynic which has more beneficial with less discomfort.

9. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Doubt on Contraceptive pill

Hi Ladies,

The contraceptive pills( Crisanta..all are of same color and just has been marked with weekdays) are all marked as days like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and so on. What will happen if I take Wednesday pill on Tuesday by mistake. Any side effects??? Or is it fine??? Please help.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  10. PPrasath

PPrasath Senior IL'ite

Re: Doubt on Contraceptive pill

Late reply but thought of clearing the doubt.
    Always try to take pill without missing and without confusion possibly at same time.
    Now continue with the correct days pill and after u finish all the other pills pick this left one on the last day.

Days are marked for our convinience..but many a times i find it confusing...