1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Details about Contraceptive Pills

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by JuhiAgarwal, Dec 1, 2009.

1. JuhiAgarwal

JuhiAgarwal Senior IL'ite

Advantages of Oral Contraception

Do you know how many advantages does oral contraception have? Do you have any idea what those are?

Women who take oral contraceptive pills do not have pain and cramps during menstruation. These pills also result in a lighter flow.

The greatest advantage of oral contraception is that it does not have a feeling of interference connected with it.

The combination pill has numerous other benefits. It prevents acne, osteoporosis, ovarian cancer, excess body hair, pre-menstrual depression, anemia caused by a heavy flow, ovarian cysts and breast growths.

But the primary advantage of oral contraception is that of Birth Control.

2. raginisharma

raginisharma Senior IL'ite

Birth Control

Thank you for your post! You answered some queries I have always had!

Birth Control helps men and women decide whether to or when to have a child. This concept came into life for those who strongly believe that every child should be welcomed with love and enthusiasm and that every child should be coveted.

People of the older generation often fail to understand the prime objective behind birth control. They often end up being unreasonable and difficult when they find the practice of birth control in their family.

They fail to understand that birth control has improved family life in many ways. It has helped women in pursuing careers and taking important career decisions.

3. piyagupta

piyagupta Senior IL'ite

Re: Advantages of Oral Contraception

Birth control is an issue that all couples consider during their conjugal life. There are several methods of it and selecting the right one is not very simple. A lot of things should be considered before finalizing any method like whether to have baby or not, if yes then when, the possible side effects of each method, how comfortable you will be and the effectiveness of the methods.

Always remember one thing. Every method is liable to fail. But their success depends on how properly you are using them.
    Birth control methods can be broadly divided into two types – permanent and temporary method. It would be nice if we discuss these methods in detail.

4. catchjanani

catchjanani New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Am getting married in June. Am moving immediately to US with him. We wanted to plan for baby after few months say 6 months. So, i consulted a best gynecologists at Bangalore were i stay. She suggested me a pill cald LOETTE to have from 5th day of my periods from the month of June.
    Can sumone suggest me how good is this pill??? Any side effects?
    Can u people advice me on this as neither my mom nor my close females have used contraceptive pills.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Pills never suited me in the first place.. hence it depends on body to body.
    Infact many docs prescribe these pills to people to cure a few gyneac issues. Sine you've consulted the BEST gyneac.. I dont think you need to reconsider.. else she's not best...

All I knew was that once u plan for pregnancy you need to get off these pills atleast 3 mnths in advance to have good quality ovum.

6. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

Pills never worked for me too...I had a series of urine infections which my doc realised later was connected to these pills. I guess different people react differently to them. My experience - Not Good.

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

janani
    These pills are safer to use if the term is shorter. As you are saying just 6 months, and was suggested by gynic, so just go ahead.
    But prologed use of these pills would cause infection in cervix for which I was a witness. So, Just commit on the term of use and go ahead.
    But make sure that you take them regularly, otherwise it would cause unwanted pregnancy.

8. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Question on OCP, please help

Hi,

Based on my gynaec's advice I am taking oral contraceptive pill(CRISANTA), this is the first time i will be completing the first cycle with these tabs(21 days). Please let me know if it is safe to have unprotected IC during the tablet 7 free days till i get my mensus( as per doc after completing 21 tabs within 6 to 7 days i may get it)

This has been given to me as a treatment of PCOS for 5 months.

Help me out..

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Question on OCP, please help

I hope its safe when you are with OCPs.
    All the best to recover from PCOS!

10. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Re: Question on OCP, please help

Hi Vasumathy,

Thanks for the reply. you mean it is safe during the 7 free pill days...I hope i got it right..