1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Detachment

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by simran4u, Mar 15, 2012.

1. simran4u

simran4u Silver IL'ite

View attachment 152180

dear friends, yesterday i spent some time thinking about the importance of detachment in our lives. What exactly is detachment and how can we understand it?For many people it may be synonymous with "running away from life" or the attitude of indifference when they say "I don't care". Running away or the I don't care attitude is not detachment.

If we look into the picture we find that the bird is flying alone on top of the sea. The bird knows its nature and its potential . If for a second the bird loses its attention or awareness then it would fall in the sea. Distraction causes lack of awareness. Detachment increases our awareness in every moment.

Say when we are writing our exams, while answering a question our mind goes to the examiner who would give us marks or whether this answer is correct or not and we are filled with doubts; then what would be the quality of our answer.

Detachment reduces our distraction and increases our awareness. With increase in level of awareness in any moment or in any work there is increase in level of excellence and success follows. Awareness also helps us to know ourselves and know our potential.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Liked it simran4u.

And especially this line

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Simran dear good post

DETACHMENT is a plant of slow growth; if you pluck the tender plant to look for the pods, you will be disappointed.
    ~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba (November 23, 1926 - )

4. ManpreetKaur

ManpreetKaur Bronze IL'ite

u r right about the detachment thing. many people actually take it in the other sense. I hoe they will be benefitted with your post!

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Detachment comes out of having a mental attitude of holding all our possessions as a trustee, doing all our actions with no expectation of the results despite doing it with best possible effort and an understanding that we are the Supreme Soul and everything that is happening is to our body and mind.

It is not necessarily living in the forest that is detachment and it is actually leaving all our desires out of our mind and deciding not to own anything mentally while living in the society. Head in the forest and hand in the society is the best attitude. We need to serve the fellow beings with love and compassion and believe that the soul that we are is the same as the soul that they are.

Viswa