1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Detachment - essential in today's world?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ShrutiB, Jul 29, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shruti dear congrats for winning the award and the blog is worth winning, a thought provoking post

2. ShrutiB

ShrutiB Silver IL'ite

Thank you Viji mami.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shruthi dear thought provoking post. Congrats for winning the award, worthy of award

Life is such that detachment is bound to happen, it is not that you have to make tireless effort for it. In fact you are making tireless effort so that detachment does not arise. Just think, look back on your life, take a bird’s-eye view and you will find that the whole of life is leading you towards detachment. The whole message of life is detachment, the whole flow of life is towards detachment. Life brings you sorrow from all directions but still detachment does not arise in you. Life disappoints you in every respect, breaks you down, tears you asunder, but detachment still does not arise in you — it is a miracle! Otherwise the natural flow of life is towards detachment.
    Detachment: live in the world but don’t be of the world. Live in the world but don’t let the world live within you. Remember that it is all a beautiful dream, because everything is changing and disappearing.= Osho

4. ndadrewala

ndadrewala Senior IL'ite

How i wish i would be a master in keeping myself detached from anything that would emotionally depress me... any further ideas on this would always be welcome...

Thanks Shruti, for bringing up such a sensitive topic..

Rgds,
    Nilufer