1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny - part 10 - The End

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Aug 4, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Dussehra festival has started. I used to love festivals as a kid (every kid does because festival means holiday for school), even when I was in college (don’t we like to show off our new dress) and even now (as I am free, free from pain in a way). My relatives keep nagging me saying that had I showed a bit more patience in my previous marriage I would have got a grip on my husband and would have been bossing around in his house by now. Honestly speaking I don’t think that it would have happened.

It’s been a long time since I went to temple. I didn't want to go to temple today but my parents forced me to. So, me and my parents went to the temple, performed pooja and were about to return home when someone called my dad. He is a friend of dad’s colleague. He introduced himself and his family to us. My father and uncle were interacting with each other, mother and aunty were busy discussing about how wonderfully the temple is decorated, how crowded the roads were today, etc…. I was left alone (ofcourse, not alone) Rahul, their son was also there. He was viewing me with his big curious eyes. I gave him a polite smile and was looking at my parents while holding my dad’s hand. Thank God!! I was included in my mother and auntie’s discussion. While talking about something and laughing on some joke I accidentally saw that Rahul was viewing me with a smile on his face. WHAT? AM I LOOKING LIKE AN ALIEN? WHY DOESN’T HE MIND HIS OWN BUSINESS? WHAT’S THERE TO LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT AND SMILE?

Thinking thus I turned my face towards my dad who was saying something about my previous marriage. Why is he discussing it with strangers like this? Rahul must have heard everything. Is that the reason why he is smiling at me? Does he take me as a stupid girl coz I have opted for divorce? GOD!! What am I thinking? Why should I care what he thinks about me? This is the first time I saw this person and probably I will never meet him again. Why on earth do I feel that he shouldn’t misunderstand my decision? Even he is divorced. He should know well that we go for that option only when it is inevitable.

I was lost in my own thoughts when my father announced that it is getting late so we should be leaving now. I felt relieved and said bye to Rahul and his family and went with my parents.

After a few days Rahul and his parents came to our house suddenly (dad and mom knew about it beforehand. I was the only one kept in dark). So when the bell rang I went to open the door and was surprised to see Rahul. I couldn’t see his parents as they were parking their car outside.

“I hope it is a pleasant surprise”, said Rahul.

"What??!!".... that is all I could manage.

When I saw his parents coming towards us I regained my control, smiled and welcomed them in. I didn’t turn to see the expression on Rahul’s face but I know he must be grinning at my shocked look.

My parents were already there to receive them and everyone was sitting in the hall and chitchatting. I noticed from the corner of my eye that Rahul was looking at me all the time. I couldn’t bear it anymore. So I got up saying that I will bring coffee and went into the kitchen. My mother followed me in and said that Rahul and his parents came here with marriage proposal. I stood there shocked and pale. I, I can’t….how can I….Before I knew it I was serving coffee to the guests. I tried to look normal but the shock was so intense that I couldn’t smile no matter how hard I tried. All that has happened in the past came infront of my eyes. Didn’t things happen the same way last time? I don’t want to marry. How can I trust these people? How can I trust anyone? Seems like Rahul has noticed the change in me. He has asked my parents if he can talk to me in private. I was saying NO, NO, NO…. But I guess my silent words didn’t reach them.

“Why not!” said my dad.

This can’t be happening. If it is a dream I better wake up fast. Thinking and praying I could see that it was not a dream as he was standing right before my eyes with a smile on his face and was asking if we can go into the garden? There was no option than to keep moving. When we reached there, he said that he fell in love with me the moment he saw me in the temple and have decided to marry me. He told his parents regarding this and since they too liked me said ok and are here to take things further if I am interested too.

It would be your decision. Yours alone. Think about my proposal and tell me if you would like to marry me. I asked him if he knows about my previous marriage and the reasons for divorce. He nodded his head in Yes. I told him that I lost my trust and don’t know if I will be able to trust anyone again. He said he understands my condition and is willing to give me time and space. I asked for some time to think about it and went inside.

Everyone became silent as soon as we entered the house. Rahul gave a smile and said,“ we have discussed things over and it would be best if Deepika is given some time to think.” I was happy that he didn’t misunderstand me.

After they left I asked my parents why they didn’t inform me beforehand. They said that they wanted to but Rahul insisted on keeping it a secret. He wanted to surprise you.

“How can I marry him? We don’t know anything about him or his family.” I protested.

We have made a thorough enquiry about him and his family. Even your uncle made enquiries using his informants and said that they are really good people. So it is up to you to decide. There is no pressure on you from us or from them. Remember that. You are free to take any decision you like in this matter. Even Rahul said that you should be given enough time to decide because you have gone through a lot of bad experiences in your previous marriage.

“When did he say that?”

After he spoke to his parents regarding his desire to marry you he took my number from his father and called me. After a long conversation before disconnecting the phone he told me to give you enough time to think about it and decide.

After thinking for some days (day and night), I agreed to get married to Rahul. The same was informed to his parents. All the preparations were made and within a month engagement ceremony was performed and the very next month marriage. He got transferred to Shimla. We moved to an independent house with a beautiful garden having a wonderful view of the mountains. As promised he gave me both time and space that I needed to adjust to this new life. Took care of me, loved me with all his heart and before I knew it I was deeply and madly in love with him.

One day while we were enjoying the view in our garden he said… Remember that day when we first met in temple?

Hmmm…

I was not willing to come but my parents forced me to. I am happy that I came. Otherwise I would have missed you... my love.

I was surprised to hear this as the same thing happened to me. Even I was refusing to go to the temple that day. But my parents said that they will also drop the plan of their visit because they can’t leave me alone at home.

I told Rahul about this and we both laughed at how destiny has forced us to meet each other.

We are very happy with our married life. It’s been 2 years since we got married. I am 16 weeks pregnant and my hubby takes care of me like a mother of her infant. He spends as much time as he can with me and takes me to wonderful places around. When I get moody he finds some way or other to make me laugh. He says that he loves to see me laugh. Never allows me do a single thing at home. When I complain he laughs and says… “ I can’t let you out of my sight. When I am at home I want you to spend time with me. I feel lost when you are not with me.” I can’t argue with him after that.

Today evening he received a call from office saying that an urgent meeting has come up and that he should come to the office immediately. He came to me and kept a sad long face like a kid who was forced to go to school and told me that he has to go to office on some work but would be back home early.

After sometime I went to look at the view from the window. I couldn’t stop myself from going out into the garden. I walked barefoot on the grass and after reaching the bench under the tree, sat relaxing and viewing at the mountains covered with snow glowing like gold due to sun rays. I always keep wondering if all the happiness, love and peace that I have in my life now is mirage or real. But then, when I hear Rahul’s voice I feel happy that it is real after all. I am thankful to destiny that it has brought me and Rahul together.

7 people like this.

2. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

@Daisy2015

Wow, such a beautiful story. Excellent Narration. Hoping to see another story from you.

3. daisy2015

Thank you :Bow:. I will be back with a new story soon. bie1

4. CuteCherry

CuteCherry Silver IL'ite

@daisy2015

very nice story and happy ending :). Beautiful narration, keep it uphugsmiley. Please come up with new one as soon as possible.

5. daisy2015

Thank you. Happy to know that you liked it. Sure. I will be back with another story as soon as i can. bie1

6. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Wow good and a happy ending...Loved ur narration and story a lot....

But felt sad when i saw the end in story headline...plz write ur next stories and keep us busy :)

7. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

beautiful short story..i loved all the episodes...all is well that ends well..
    now keep writing and we r awaiting for your new story...
    thanks dear friendssmiley

8. daisy2015

Thank you :Bow:. As this was my first attempt in writing a story I was not sure if you will like it or not :hide:. I am happy to know that you have all liked my story :party.

Sure, i will be back with a new story soon.bie1

9. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

hey story with happy ending,,, nice read agood story but little short one,

every one should get husaband lllike rahul... then how cool it will be

expecting more episodes in your next story n waiting eargerly

10. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

it was nice to read a very good story with happy ending after a long time. i loved the story. please keep coming up with more.