1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Desires!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pallavi, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Pallavi

Pallavi New IL'ite

Overwhelmed!

HI meenu, vanaja and radha,

Thanks for ur kind and sweet words! I was happy to see that all u friends liked my post. I like to write now and then but the above article came with a spontaneity that left me surprised!

Radha, ur feeling that women have more desires than men, may have risen from the fact that we women are more expressive than men are and many times we have to depend on the men to get what we want. This leads to announcing most of our desires and so they count more. But in case of men, most of the times they go and hit the bull's eye themselves, so many deisres are left unexpressed but fulfilled. So they count less!!

What say you?

2. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

answer

Its true to some extent pallavi.But as you said in previous posting women asking for husband's attention and wanting more and more of him ,its different with men.
    Their needs are simple and they can be satisfied easily too unlike us.I feel its more difficult to please a wife than a husband.I am not saying women are difficult persons or bad.I feel a wife knows instinctively about her spouse's desires and needs.In the case of men ,you need to ram it down their throats to make them understand :p. Its quite easy to read a man than a woman .
    radha

3. aami

aami New IL'ite

pallavi...

its so nice to read this thread...yea ..all of us r in the clutches of desires...wen one got fullfilled,crave for the another starts...rite???:-D its actually so funny to think abt...but without desires wat z the meaning ,or aim of life????

aami:)

4. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Dear Pallavi ,
    Having gone through your post "Desires!!! " i really appreciate your way of expression of your thoughts in a simple and lucid way. This is one way of your introspection of your mind about thoughts
    you nicely divided thse desires in your own way as three catagories namely 1)Ambition 2)Want 3) Desire. whatever name U call, it is a desire only.
    Possesing any Good desire with us is not Bad but bad desire whatever it may be will do harm to our Body and soul. We must be cautious of judgng which is good and whih is Bad and which is to be pursuadaed and which is to be abondened.
    Do U Know that unfulfilled Desires are called as "VAAsaNAS" which will
    folow with our soul after death. This is true for all human beings.Man cannot
    live without any desire. So better to develope good desires
    Any how your Ambition to be a Good writer is a right Desire.Keep it up.
    Plz Don't think me as otherwise for taxing your brain with much
    Philosophy.
    Thank U verymuch
    Sd/NCHEL

1 person likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pallavi
    Welcome to IL! Your maiden thread sounds not only interesting but shows that you may be new to IL but writing is not new to you!
    Abdul Kalam may be hurt by your description of a dream as unachievable desire for he has been telling us otherwise during all these five years in office! He has been exhorting the youth to keep dreaming, his reason being that the seed of action gets sown there!
    I am not an expert in such matters but I do agree with him that all dreams are not unachievable. At least that's what Sivaji Rao Gaekwad says on his achieving super star status!
    Sri

6. vaidegi

vaidegi New IL'ite

Dear pallavi,

A very good thread u have started.Everyone goes with there own desires,works hard for that.but i think men fulfills there desires than women.women give ups everything.is it correct?

regards,
    vaidegi.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Pallaviji,

Loved yr article and yr thoughts.Yes we humans aer never satisfied are we?
    As soon as one desire is fulfilled,another one takes its place.

Thanks and regards.kamal