1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Desires and Priorities

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ShailRaghuvansh, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]What we desire desperately in life need not be the right thing for us. Similarly, what we eventually get in life need not be something that we like:rant
    In the same way, perspectives and priorities[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] are two entirely different aspects in life and yet, so inter-related. Your thoughts or assumptions (perspectives) could decide your order or criteria of needs (priorities) and vice versa. But, w[/FONT][FONT=&quot]hat you think or feel about certain things need not necessarily be your choices.
    For example, you could think of global warming as a serious issue affecting Mother Earth and be quite verbal about it and yet, use plastic in huge quantities everyday or use the air conditioner without any thought about global warming! So, are what exactly are your perspectives in life? Are they closer to life, practical living that is?

Desires and Decisions

So, why did I suddenly think of such a topic to reflect and write about? Well, it is August 2010. So, how many more months are left until this year gets over?
    Very few. Four months to be precise.
    Very soon, in a few months time we will be at the fag end of the year, stepping forward to an entirely new year of opportunities, choices, thoughts, reflections, emotions and what not. And then, we will be going again to our desires and perspectives.:bonk

So, what exactly are our priorities?

Priorities and Perspectives are like Decisions and Desires. You may desire something but you may be practical enough to make a decision of not satiating that desire temporarily or even permanently. Even now, our priorities will decide how we will be shaping our future days ahead. Our perspectives will influence our attitudes towards friendship, love, work and everything else.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    The situation, circumstance and thought process
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Not everything that we have with us today is of our making. [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]We do our job right? [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]We make our choices everyday. Right? [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]But, most of the time, we are left with little choice in day to day affairs. We carry on living in our matchbox houses, living our lives with the same stereotype thoughts and attitudes. Ultimately, when we are exhausted living life the same old way and want a change, it takes a lot of effort and thought to make the change. Mostly, we leave things as they are because we don’t want to take the trouble to change things that are already set. At least, we think, we are secure in the present scenario. We know what we shall get. If we take up something new who knows… goes our reasoning. Risk is something we think twice taking.

Stuck up or stuck in?

No wonder we are stuck up in things and situations we rather get rid of. Just try flashbacking into your past days and think of all that could have been done but didn’t? Many of us will be making new resolutions which we won’t be keeping or will not be able to maintain anyway. So, what I am asking is why make the resolutions at all? I can hear your smirkJ You are thinking, here she is asking to think differently, make a change, and again in the same length she says why make resolutions?
    “Only when we make resolutions can we make a change can’t we,” you ask?

Planning Change A Farce?

No, dear friends! Making resolutions that you will not be keeping is like making your resolve a farce. What is the use of laying the foundation of the year ahead on the basis of a farce? Think. Juggle your mind and soul. Do you really want to do this? What do you want to change? What were you unhappy about the last year?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Remember, you are not going to discuss this before anyone else. It is just you and you alone. That way it is easier to admit your faults and weaknesses, your desires and your disappointments. Let’s just take some time out to talk to ourselves. I guarantee you will feel the difference. And without the load of desires, decisions, perspectives and priorities and of course, resolutions you will feel lighter and happier.

So, before you get ready to shoo me away, let me wish you the remaining year filled with all the little joys of life, the perspective to acknowledge and appreciate the little blessings that we tend to ignore, the wisdom to make choices that are wise priorities, the desire to dream bigger encompassing all and the will to make the right decisions.
    [/FONT]

2. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

hi ShailRaghuvansh,
    you clearly explined diff btwn priority n perspective with the globl warming example..!!:)
    good food fr thought..

3. ShailRaghuvansh

Hi Suria,

I am glad you liked this blog post. Honestly speaking, I did not think anyone would be interested in reading this although it is something we all get confused about at times.

Have a nice day.
    Shail

4. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

He he .. thats a good example of global warming you used there! :)

And you have so rightly said that what we might want is necessarily good for you. Very true

5. ShailRaghuvansh

Hi Gayathri,

Nice you liked the blog. I have written it a wee bit differently. About something we all tend to identify with but which is locked deep inside us - a secret only we know.

Nice Day:)
    Shail

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Shail,
    Rightly raised the question, why only with resolutions, we would change...but mostly break it in a day or two.
    Desires and priorities..we need to know the differences first and you had rightly given a practical example.
    We should compare ourselves for our improvement but not with others. Likewise,( as you had described) if we can analyse in what way we had improved from our last year, it would be better to set our desires and priorities this year and make a good resolution, for our betterment in the coming years.

sriniketan

7. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Bhargavi,

I know this is a very dry topic which not many people will be interested in but it is a fact of life without which we cannot be clear in our thought process and also mess up our lives in the bargain.

Glad you liked the article.

Nice Day
    Shail