1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Depression ??

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by anika987, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

This sounds like me before 3 yrs. Devasted shattered wanted to come back to india desperately. N actually i did come back. Regretted on this decision for some time n now i am at peace. Reason could vary but i found that if ur mind is unstable u cannot face any situation so after coming back i did a meditation course n uptill today i try to do meditation on regular basis
    Take deep breaths n just write down all pros n cons of ur decision plz do take counseling from therapist. Its not a good phase so do whatever u could to come out of it.
    I will definetely pray for u. Tc dear

anika987 and Anusha2917 like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Ref my #8 fb stands edited twice since you clicked LIKE.
    YOU MAY LIKE TO REVISIT.
    thanks and regards.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

This really helps Anika. I too had taken up a meditation course from AOL. Happiness program . It really helps to overcome the confusion the mind is facing. I'm not promoting any particular Guru here but their courses are designed in such a way that it makes us think that worrying about something which is not in our hands is a futile exercise.

Next I'm planning for inner engineering from Sadguru as I have some free time now. Explore about these courses in your locality and do give it a try. :blush::blush:

As Thyagarajan Sir suggested try to surrender to God and occupy yourself in chanting shlokas etc . (if this interests you)

Let me tell you one more thing to be occupied there :
    I don't know how much you celebrate festivals etc. When there is a festival celebrate it in a big way. Get dressed, invite friends for lunch , prepare snacks for them etc.
    Festival season has started. Every year I wait for Aadi masam. Post that lot of festivals will start. Yeah I know in India you can celebrate well, but even in US you can do it clubbing with some ladies in your area. Once Navrathri starts wear Saree daily and visit friends who keep Golu. (I'm just throwing ideas which I do to keep myself happy. So you see what works for you :grinning:)

These are no Way directly related to your post but these are few of the small things we should do to keep ourselves diverted from the mundane life. Bring small changes in your lifestyle in the US and you can see the difference. :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Is there any mantra to stay focused? I leave everything in between as not able to manage and lose focus.

anika987 and Afresh like this.
  5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

One thing at a time, this multi tasking is really a myth ;)
    At any moment we gotta be aware of only what we do at that moment.
    Do not try to take up too many things on your head together.
    Prioritise ... that should be the mantra

anika987, messedup and Anusha2917 like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:It is sure to strike a melodious chord in OP AND I TEND to agree all that U had suggested. She might long to seek U to thank U in person.
    God bless OP & U.

anika987 and Anusha2917 like this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Hmm you are right. But not possible always. Will try to.

Afresh and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:One has got to be choosy for venting in person. Sometimes it is dangerous and boomerang in most unpleasant way in horrible time spoilng the mood for one and all.
    2. One should just not open up all the buttons in one go and exercise care in revealing or sharing family problems and other issues.

3. The converse is too good to remember. When one listens to a sob story, their would be a strong urge to be out with a parallel one. Discretion dictates to keep mum.
    • This I learnt from my parents, the big bosses u der whom I worked in very senior capacity. The chairman is sitting in ivory tower throughout the day to only listen to all other executives. He would neither respond or react much. But he would, at the end of the day make calculated moves and set he stage for next level in the company. He is guarded in making statements with others. He had been nurtured since long and that is the secret of having reached the pinnacle of his career. The Tharaga manthra seemed to be always speak less listen more . By telling company weakness, competitor eventually would come to know and will lead to have an edge in marketing. Beware and aware!
    God bless.

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Which I completely accept!

The things which we tell others for venting..sometimes backfires!

I have people use it against me..
    Will be careful

Sunshine04 and Thyagarajan like this.