1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Depression..

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by anika987, Aug 11, 2018.

1. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

@anika987

ok ...here r some tit for tat comebacks i can think of ....
    :roflmao::roflmao:
    1) if I make a tasty dish..” you have too much free time”
    --i feel sorry for u , ur husband dsnt get tasty food!!

2) “You don’t do any work”..bluntly like that
    --i dont want to ...if u had 10 crore in bank wd u work?

3) one of my aunt for he past 13 years ..every time I meet her “ free time all day..gosh!i cannot imagine wasting life that way”
    -- life is for enjoyment not for MAJDOORI...

4) another comment “ I guess we working women know the value of money”
    --- u must be saving ...cuz everyone is not as lucky as me !!!

5) when I wanted to buy a branded bag..a relative said “don’t buy costly stuff..I am working so I will Buy.you should not”.
    -- will u say that to princess of wales??

6) many a times they will gang up and make me a scape goat..they say it’s just a joke but in reality if I burst out they will say I am
    Being sensitive
    --- dont ever burst out in front of them ...thats what they want ..they want to strike at ur vulnerability ..

btw these r just for fun.:banana:.i mean ...i dont think that u owe an explanation or justification to anyone..
    pls ans. this first - WHY ON EARTH u r keeping contact with them ...?? just keep the contact to bare minimum ..just hi and bye ...make ur own group ..go for some hobby classes or volunteer once in a while ..there u will find many friends ..learn to be a bit rude to them ..they'll get the msg. believe me they r just jealous of ur lifestyle ... btw have u talked with ur husband about this ..ask him for his advice..if he has some good friends , ask him to invite their wives ...u can befriend them ..ur mom /grandma can give u valuable advice ..theyve seen the world ..talk to any one of them ..just leave these bitches with their miserable lives ...keep us updated ...all the best:ciao:
    -

NeetaR, Kyraa, vidhyalakshmid and 3 others like this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you laks..It took me by surprise that I was noticed for my fitness interest :)
    That is something I am so passionate about and it is not for having a good body or wearing clothes but the feeling of becoming strong is immense..It definitely made me calmer but on and off I get into distress when I handle things bad plus relatives around me taunting and comparing often makes me anxious a lot and I can feel my heartbeat rising.Hence,I decided to see my GP..

Thanks again

Laks09 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

yeah I am reducing meeting with them..Joined yoga recently..husband says not to care but sometimes they r too blunt.I want to be better

4. Starkgirl

Starkgirl Silver IL'ite

Have you checked your thyroid levels? Because anxiety , depression along with racing heartbeat all these symptoms are of thyroid. So don’t cancel you appointment, let your GP do appropriate tests and see what is wrong.
    Take care

anika987 and shravs3 like this.
  5. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

As a SAHM I am appalled that your relatives and friends make such inappropriate comments . The choice to work or not is totally between you and your husband . Even the PIL cannot intervene in this. You suffer from low self esteem because you are surrounded by people that add no value to your life. Rather they add negativity and self doubt. Cut them out completely or reduce the time spent with them. you Will start to value yourself more .

Optimist2019 and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you guys for helping me out but I am Confused how to talk to the GP.should I ask for a referral or should I bluntly tell her I suffer from some anxiety..

Few things I would like you guys to know..

1) I love cleaning up but always home ends up dirty and disorganized.

2) afternoons are very tiring.

3) I sometimes I don’t know what I am
    Doing with life.I have a wonderful husband and kid but still don’t know what is the purpose of life.

4) feeling of wanting to do a lot.Right now I want to do yoga,cook something delicious for dinner,clean the messed up home,take a walk or give kid a shower.Did not give her one in the morning,or apply for a job or study some online YouTube course and update.I feel Overwhelmed and I will end up doing nothing.

5) I don’t feel motivated and take so many incorrect decisions.

6) brother divorce,unsupportive family and in laws ,lack of right friends,homesick all stressing me out.

7)I feel anxious to raise my child well.I don’t know if I will do a good job.

8) feel like screaming and angry

9)I regret I could have done so much in life but no focus ,lack of energy.

10) Don’t even know honestly if I should go for a job or not..so indecisive.

11)I used to be so active before but now I just want to lie and do nothing.

BUT I WANT TO LIVE...I WANTTO REALLY ENJOY LIFE..EVEN I WANT TO FEEL RELAXED ,Stand up for myself,voice my opinion,not feel afraid all the time..I don’t want to be a doormat to my relatives..

Sometimes I don’t know if I am overreacting,should divert myself but am suffering like this from the age of 13...
    Scared,anxious and fearful....I really want to live.

Again another incident happened just yesterday..I met a mother in my child’s school and she gave her no to message so that we contact.we were talking and suddenly she asked me if I work.i said no and then she stopped messaging after that..what do I infer..

My thoughts are racing a lot..it is faster than the wind..

From the above..I don’t know what u should go and say the doc

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Optimist2019 likes this.
  7. Penelope

Penelope Bronze IL'ite

Hello,

I can relate to your situation. Although I work part time and am full time student. During breaks I feel more like homemaker. I suffer depression and feel judgemental towards myself for wasting time and not being productive around the house. My husband is very patient and sweet with me these days but says even I get agitated with him. I am mostly able to control my anger and sadness, but I still feel it and it seems odd because everything in life is good.
    It becomes especially bad during 'pms' sometimes crying for silly reason or no reason. The main key for me to deal with this was recognizing that it was related to hormonal changes. Now I don't overthink too much when I am having moods wing or feeling low. I have also seen a counselor and feel best when I am practicing yoga and pranayam regularly

My advice for you.
    Tell doctor you are having some symptoms of anxiety and depression. He will ask you a series of follow up questions. Tell him you are not sure medication is nessesary and ask what else he recommends. Ask for blood test to check vitamin D, thyroid, blood sugar. (when my vitamin D was low, I felt so depressed and mentally foggy. After getting my levels up it was a huge noticeable change) . Also ask him to refer you to a counselor. Talking through issues and recognizing your own patterns can make a big difference.

The problem with medication is that it can mask an underlying problem. If your symptoms aren't severe it may be more beneficial to try some alternatives first...your doctor and counselor can help you make this decision.

Optimist2019, Laks09 and anika987 like this.
  8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I feel anxious,I regret I could have done so much in life but no focus ,lack of energy.
    I just want to lie and do nothing.
    tell all this to the dr.
    she will ask you more questions. just answer truthfully

Laks09 and anika987 like this.
  9. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Again another incident happened just yesterday..I met a mother in my child’s school and she gave her no to message so that we contact.we were talking and suddenly she asked me if I work.i said no and then she stopped messaging after that..what do I infer..
    I see this attitude in some people where I live, they need both should be working , kids should go to many classes, go vacation,have two cars in high end model, should have gc or citizen, should lived in the city for long time.
    So ignore.

anika987 likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

America!!. Just like India, they may have a class-system also. I think they call it right-to-association. They want to get together with whom they like.... birds of a feather, horse of the same colour and so forth. When people avoid or ignore you, aren't they doing you a favour? They are saving you a lot of goodwill points, by not continuing to put up with someone they would rather not be with or associate with. It is a win-win situation. You save a lot of grief; and they saved themselves from you. If you are a really good person, but don't have salaried-work, vacations, two cars of good high end models, or gc/citizen, and long time resident etc.., they lose the chance to get to know you. The OP has the problem that those others who annoy her are not leaving her alone. :anguished:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    anika987 likes this.