1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Depression..

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by anika987, Aug 11, 2018.

1. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

You don’t need to here your relatives talk even if the they are close relatives. Also the neighbors. Follow your mind. If it isn’t not your dh problem then why others. In tamil there is a word soranai. Which is being like a buffalo who bath in water even it’s sun or cold.
    Sometimes it’s very good idea to be like that when there is no fals in our side.

anika987 and Sunshine04 like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Since it's your relation, don't go. Tell ur husband it affects you

anika987 likes this.
  3. Outlander

Outlander Bronze IL'ite

Cancel the appointment. Depending on medication is bad but still if u r feeling low see a therapist! Cut the people who put u or ur feelings down we dont need them! Forget about MIL. Dont think about past or worry what u gonna do in futurs just be in presemt like now!! You said newborn r u sure your postpartum is cured postpartum depression is a thing you hv to talk to doc!! Also surround ursrlf only with positive people n positive thoughts when someone comes to u n say why dont u go to job if its me im gonna say im an old fashioned wife where i take care of my husband n kids onmy ownnot remting others to do so! That kind of words punch opposite person right on the face with you being polite!! Never underestimate whatever u do it could be house cleaning, feeding a baby etc all these things are important also pick one friend whom u think is not going to judge with her talk anything thatcomes to mind but b reasonable though in that way u will avoid shyness in socializing!

anika987 likes this.
  4. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

enough is enough ..be rude to them ..but in a tactical way ...pls let us know some of their comments so that dear ...we all can come up with great kick ass comebacks :cheer::p:p ...
    to start with ...u can say something like..queens dont work..do they ??/my husband wants me to live like a queen ..so i m living like one..
    here i wd certainly ask other ladies to moderate it ...cuz i may go overboard and become too harsh cuz i hate such people :grinning-smiley-048::grinning-smiley-048:

5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Epic reply :chatter:

friendabc likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Actually my Lo is 5 not new born.what I meant is my MIL never helps and as an eg cited about how she used to just sit and watch iPad when I did everything even for her while having a newborn.
    Even know I get scared when she comes every year.She is so sarcastic and her prime aim is to make me feel Guilty.passive aggressive

Apart from that my mind has less control,wavering thoughts,no focus and lot of other things happening right now sometimWe throws me Off the loop

7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

For eg:

1) if I make a tasty dish..” you have too much free time”

2) “You don’t do any work”..bluntly like that

3) one of my aunt for he past 13 years ..every time I meet her “ free time all day..gosh!i cannot imagine wasting life that way”

4) another comment “ I guess we working women know the value of money”

5) when I wanted to buy a branded bag..a relative said “don’t buy costly stuff..I am working so I will Buy.you should not”.

6) many a times they will gang up and make me a scape goat..they say it’s just a joke but in reality if I burst out they will say I am
    Being sensitive

Many more are there..

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  8. Sunshine04

wow. too harsh.
    stop picking their phones,meeting them.
    if they visit you, say i need to go out

friendabc and anika987 like this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 - Only a trained diagnostician can diagnose clinical depression. Random folks on the internet definitely cannot. It's a good idea to go to your GP. GPs don't generally diagnose people with depression and prescribe SSRIs. They usually refer you to a trained professional who will access you properly before coming up with a diagnosis and treatment plan.
    If you are going to the doc, instead of saying I think I maybe depressed, it's a good idea to say that you are having some ongoing issues with your self esteem and would like a referral to address it. From your post histories, I feel like getting a counselor to talk to and get some help to look at the positives in life and focus on some of them will help you immensely. You are affected deeply by the things you cannot control in your life. I urge you to see a professional to get this out of your system.
    Also please show up in the fitness forum. You are amazing with your health and fitness, come help the rest of the women. Talk about your achievements in that area, give people tips, share your healthy plates, find some new things to do with regard to fitness and find a partner there to share workout logs with. Maybe you will complete the next iron man and get all those jealous people even more jealous :treadmill: .

Amica, SunPa, anika987 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sunshine04

well said. dont go by links posters r sending.

anika987 likes this.