1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Depressed to the core!!!! Want to Die soon

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by msmm, Mar 6, 2010.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Msmm,

Do you think ending your life will solve all the miseries?What about your kid then?You want your kid to be in the hands of step mother or being a motherless kid?Can you ever imagine the situation.I hope you know the plight of motherless kids.

Nothing to scare you bit thatz the reality.Yes, you deserve to be happy and you need to be motivated enough to make yourself happy.Okay , ther is no support from your hubby.Accept the situation.If you want to live with him happily , you need to have patience to change him your way by making few changes to yourself.

Cooking 3 full meals a day is not a thing to worry about if you look in another way.I am a working mom get up and cook Idli or dosa with chutney and then cook Rice,sambhar and veggies for the lunch.I finish all this before 6:30 A.M with cleaning (Ofcourse with the hellp of my hubby)so that I have to prepare my kid for school for whom the bus comes at 7:45 A.M.Then come back from office at 6:00 P.M then finish preparing dinner, make my kid do the homework and then clean the house after dinner.I had a maid but she left and looking for one now but doing all these chores for the past 1 month.Initially I was feeling very bad but then I was happy that my family gets healthy and fresh food everyday.Just making myself happy:bonk.

Think that you are helping to keep your family healthy.Approach in a positive way.But if you cook 3 full meal then cleaning will go for a toss.Hire some help.Else have a timetable wherein you choose to clean rooms one day , bathroom the other day ..I mean you can keep one per day so that it does not tax you.Slowly involve him to help you.

When he asks you
    Tell him "Yes, I got 5 minutes to sit from the morning.That too when the kid sleeps".Just leave the place to bring tea or coffee for him.But do not make the silence as an irritating silence.Keep in mind you are cheerful and being yourself but just that you are busy with your work.

Do not show a long face very often.Be active and be cheerful.Show all your love and affection towards the kid.Take him out to the park or to some naive neighbours house.Mix with people.This will reduce half your tension.

I am telling all this since you want to live with your hubby happily.If you confront him or poke him he will become more aggressive and your life will be more miserable."Aadara maatta aadi karakkanum paadara maatta paadi karakkanum"(meaning you should get along his path to correct him).

I wish you a better future and may god give you strength to tackle the issues.

2. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

B, I just noticed you are from Qatar. I wonder what the OP would have done if she had live in Saudi. Even for water, the woman must be dependant on the man. Even if she commits sucide, the man cannot be penalized in that country. All she can do is she can talk to the neighbors in the compound.

I'll never ever accept that there's no room for diversion in a country like the US or for the matter of fact any country that gives freedom to women.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  3. bhuvnidhi

Canwait, Yes!I live in Qatar.It is a sort of free country in ME though not like Dubhai.I have heard stories about Saudi but never had first hand experience.But I still depend on my hubby here since I haven't got my driving license yet.Very lazy:bonk.My target keeps changing every month:biglaugh.There are times when I want to go out I will hire a taxi or ask my driver to drop and pick me.:hide:

There are "N" number of things to keep you diverted in US.I think the OP had got post partum depression and it was unattended and her hubby's behaviour aggravated it too.

MSmm, Please come out of your depression.Why should you feel down?There are lot of things to acheive in life.Keep yourself motivated.

4. kvnalini

kvnalini Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Sorry to read about your condition. But this is not the end of life. Life is beautiful & you only can make it happen. As others have suggested you have to find ways & means to make your life happy-don't depend on others to make it happy.Why not make friends, do something creative( develop a hobby). Spend sometime for yourself on a daily basis. Have you tried writing a jounal( diary). It helps a lot. Be grateful to all your blessings. Once you start focusing on your blessings & express your gratitude all worries will vanish. Yoga, meditation & pranayam also is a great help. Learn it .
    Cheer up-make your life beautiful. All the best:)

5. tictactoe

tictactoe New IL'ite

Dear msmm,

I totally understand you situation and my hubby is an introvert too. He doesnt even step out of the house for a walk. plus we have no TV at home and after working hrs he is with laptop playing games and me cooking after i come from work. 3 years now and i have no kid yet.

My story is still worst due to financial loans, credit cards problems.. a never ending story..he had ealier debts and inspite of that after we came abroad he took 6 credit cards without my knowledge and now we are totally in debts.. i have to take a loan now to get out of this .... you can read on this link under the same section in MARRIED LIFE section,, tittled as NO HOPE OF GETTING OUT OF DEBTS..

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/83845-no-hope-getting-out-debts.html

Yes i also felt like life will be useless if i live like this for my whole life. But i cannot end mylife by hurting the other people who love me..my parents and all..
    What else can i say. .Atleast you need to think about ur kid if you end your life who will be with the kid.

take care

tictactoe

6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

There was an english movie.. cant recall its name.. which showed life after suicide....
    It was a nice moral being conveyed that you're put to 10 times the hell of current life & since you dont have a body you have lot more struggle to convey your point and get out of this pain.. until you complete your tenure.

Humans are the ones who can find a way if they choose too.. try to find things that'll keep you happy.
    When hyperactive kids dont let you sleep it happens... when I reach extremes I prefer to pop a few prescribed pills to sleep un-disturbed once in while.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  7. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear...

Killing yourself will only make your parents loose their daughter..Thats brutal for parents..SO PLEASE DO NOT DO IT...

Reading thru the posts I see that you are feeling a little better.

Here are some options-
    • Get a driver's lisence( if hubby questions tell him you want to be useful and at least not bother him for groceries)
    • Go on line and try to find activities for your boy..kids that age are a bit hyper...put him in classes in library etc so he gets company and burns his energy there.
    • Make friends in neighborhood and make playdates for kid.
    • Try to get hubby involved in some potlucks etc..
    • Feel good about yourself..even if you are at home...dress well and make sure you have a routine and follow it.
    Good Luck..keep us posted.

8. goodfreind

goodfreind Senior IL'ite

:)Be happy first ..i say smile first
    Smile is big medicne for happy/not happy as per science

Do you have any realtion in india ..please go back for some times

In India, now we have External affairs minitry has separate affairs for this kind of issues in maraied life

So please get help from there

tell me your qualifucation so that can guide for your job ..future etc

You r in abroad you never worry for kids..and you will be in top

trust me .u will sucedd there infornt o fur dh

or he may come to your root so pls be happy

ans all my questions

Nothing is IMpossible.. word itself says I M possible

pls read again and again

9. bhuvnidhi

Msmm, You have not got back to us with any update or with replies for 4 days.I hope things are okay with you and not thinking of anything insane now.

10. msmm

msmm New IL'ite

Hi friends/well wishers( i should say this)
    First of all sorry for delay.. as we changed new net conn..
    Thank u so much for ur advices and suggestions..
    I am feeling much better than before..

as all u suggest this 3 days i didnt take things(my hus words, his negligence) seriously .. i put my kid in playschool for 3 hrs weekly 4 days.. so i am using hrs only for ME.... i go to gym daily past 3 days ... and i set one goal regarding fitness and weight reduction... and fully concentrate in that only...

after returning from gym.. i do all other remaing chores fastly ... when my kid return i will be busy until my kid sleep..

so obivously i m tired at the end of day and sleep well (thankkkk god)

again in the morning routine continues... morning cooking,afternoon cooking, make my kid ready for school,feeding etc etc... so i occupied myself with this...

and from his side also lil different.. that night i cried like hell felt very depressed .. i think he was also watching and know all ... so 3 days didnt say much.. not normal conversion too.. anyway i m not taking seriously so far.. praying god to continue the same ever... (i dont know when again he throw poisonous knife to me... )...

so thank u so much again.. u all believe or not my tears(happy tears) rolling when i type this ... i wanna hug u all.....

and sorry for the words i wrote "want to die soon"... hope i never repeat this again... i decided to see doctor also.. for my depression... bcoz i behaving as if somebody going to catching me, so never gives rest to my body doing something , something... so wanna see doctor soon to make my mind calm........

I dont have much time to type ur names seprately dears.. i typing fastly coz he is in restroom ...

will update more soon,