Depressed - PCOS + Hypotyroid + insulin resistance - on metformin

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Happyone, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Happyone

Happyone New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I had PCOS from my 15 yrs. am 28 yrs old now. My weight is 52kgs and BMI is normal.

I have got insulin resistance and hypo thyroidism and irregular periods. Taking eltroxin 25 mg every morning and metformin 500 night n day. while all this was going on, i had to undergo piles operation. i have been taking metformin back again for one month now. My LMP is 24/7.

I have been having symptoms like abdominal pricking pain from time to time on the right side, swollen clitoris, more of white discharge past 2 weeks and egg white discharge few days now, lot of mood swings, lower back pain (not sure coz of spinal cord anathesia injection taken during piles operation). My thyroid levels taken 3-4 months back were normal. Did a HSG test and my tubes are normal too.

I am really confused and depressed. It should be a miracle if am concevied, but i think these are sides effects of metformin tablets. Doctor told to wait till 31st aug. Worried a lot.

Please let me know if any of you faced this situation

Thanks

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Happyone,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Metformin Used to give all kind of symptoms when taking after a break or for the first time. You have to get used to it. Hold on until your expected cycle end. Then check with your gynec on the troubles you face.
    Hope soon you will hold your LO!

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Your concerns are not that bad that you cant fall pregnant.Trust me once these issues are under control you will fall pregnant.With the symptoms you are having kindly have a Uti ruled out by a gynac.Hopefully its not an infection,even if it is i am sure a good doctor can take care of the same.Also do a pregnancy test as these things happen during the initial days of conception.

Good luck

4. Happyone

Happyone New IL'ite

Thanks. HPT was -ve. Planning to see the doctor this weekend. Learning to gain some positive attitude

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry about the negative HPT. Meet your doc and clarify your doubts.
    Try to be strong and positive.
    Baby dust to you.