1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dental problems

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by username1234, Oct 19, 2015.

1. username1234

username1234 New IL'ite

Is RCT Root Canal Treatment and removal of milk tooth advisable for kids at the age of 7yrs.

2. nithyapry

nithyapry Senior IL'ite

my opinion is root canal is not necessary as anyway all teeth would be falling and growing new teeth when days goes as your child is only 7 yrs. as this was advised by doctor for my son.

3. username1234

username1234 New IL'ite

4. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

No. Depending on how much longer tooth is going to stay take ur decision. If milk tooth is effected it will effect growing adult teeth underneath. My daughter is only 3 and was having tooth pain. Doctor advised root canal and considering how young she is we did not want to get it done. But he said she will have that tooth go for 8 more years and till then we cannot wait that long. If it is not going I stay that long anyway you can let it go without root canal

5. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Root canal sessions are painful even for adults, so for a 7-year old, they are going to be extremely stressful.

Why has RCT been advised? Is the decay spreading to the neighboring teeth? Is it going to affect the new permanent teeth? Pls consider all these factors before subjecting your kid to the procedure. A 7-yr old may not have his/her milk teeth for long enough to warrant this procedure.