1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Dental Issues And Stomach Ache

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sneha1985, Aug 13, 2020.

1. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

My mom is in US at the moment and is on visitor's visa. She had dental infection due to which we had to get her 4 teeth extracted and she is now just left with 4 teeth in total and hence not able to chew the food.

She is mixing roti with dal and eating other soft food and soup. She is feeling a little weak, but we are feeding her food which could give her some energy. But her main problem is the food that she is taking in without chewing the food is giving her gastric issues/too much of gas built up in stomach and it's to a point where she is now saying that she is feeling depressed because of this.

She wants to go back to India, but I feel it's still not safe.

However my question is anyone here or their parents faced anything similar when they got their teeth extracted? Any ideas how can the gastric issue be prevented?

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Avoid eating rotis when you have just extracted the teeth. It’s better to eat something soft like Khichdi, Dal, Upma, Idli , Soups , Sattu drink etc

For gastric ask her to drink some boiled Jeera water and also try to include more ginger in dal and other things.

3. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

When my mom had to extract teeth,she used to take porridge...liquid and semi solid type..raagi ,wheat, arrowroot powder etc.also diff types of milk shakes too

4. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Smoothies would help, but add high fiber contents like kale or spinach. Also, powdered flax seed and hemp also helps. There are some snacks in the kids sections which is sort of solid but will soften in mouth, i think they are whole grain as well. May be try that? Taking additional fiber supplement like metamucil might help if she she has no other health issues.