1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Democracy down the drain...is it?????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by muzna, Nov 15, 2009.

1. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Sridhar ji
    Thanks for the fb.
    I named the blog 'down the drain' as it is not just one aspect of the democratic set up that is being threatened, but many of them , by many people and at many a fronts. I just hope my small attempts help stop the roll down.
    The truth is that the politicians everywhere are the same as they have the greed for power, but here so much of greed for money has creeped in that it is becoming difficult for the common man to do anything. But I hope that the day is near when we will give the negative vote , and vote out those who are good for nothing.
    If a controversy arises when an Indian says that he is an Indian first and of a particular region second...what else do we now expect from our politicians.

You know chillies are good for fever...I just hope my chilly does that for the degenerative fever of our system....:biglaugh. I like the simili.

2. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Preeethi
    you have actually pointed out the root of all causes,
    some take it to earn on the side...but in our society, there are many who do it just to marry off their daughters, many of the relief funds go as dowry to the officials daughters. Till we do not change our social system, we cannot bring any other change.

And then there are big names in politics who were just yesterday telling that the more rampant and not ever smirked on, is the middle level corruption. as if we do not realise that what ever an official takes in bribery, has a fixed cut for the politicians.
    Otherwise the official is thrown around like a ping pong ball. Many officials start this very way to avoid being transferred.
    Aur phir muunh ko khoon lag jaata hai.
    The list is so long, and I do not accept what that politician said.... this is a chain , and like rain which percolates into our very fabric of society from the top, not from the bottom. When an official sees the neta accept a bribe, he knows he can get away with it, then his BABU sees him and knows he'll be never caught, and then even the peon has his list of item required for comfortable living.:spin
    The list just goes on. If it had been the other way, think what would happen, the peon will be afraid of the babu, he of his officer, and he of his senior. And finally the higher up of the neta....
    But yehan
    JAB NETA HAI LETA,
    PHIR HAR KOI DETA,
    KOI AGAR BANE DEVTA,
    READY RAKHE BORI BISTERA.:bonk