Delivery....

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by prameela, Jan 14, 2008.

1. prameela

prameela New IL'ite

Hi everybody...
    Which is the best.... Normal or Caeserian section....
    Discuss... Please ....
    I had normal delivery....
    Prameela

2. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Normal delivery is definitely far better. It will make coping up with the postpartum period more easier. You need to cope with the incision pain in the postpartum period with C section.

Kavya.

3. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

normal is better obviously.
    but i had c section cos of some trouble with my son coming out.
    if u had normal delivery well and good. if not what s there to worry?

4. prameela

prameela New IL'ite

Hi Suja/swtsvn,
    Actually, My aunt said C-section "very easy and no need to worry....."
    If C-section most people would get back -pain, Not to do heavy work but for me after delivery I 've started back-pain, decreasing breast-milk due to nipple problem and tummy look like pregnancy and so -on... why? Any comments?
    Plz tell me?

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friend,
    i had c-section in oct 2004.i found it better as i was on my feet by the third evening & taking full care of baby by 5th day.
    i never suffered from back ache or any so called problems ofc-section delivery i guess lots depend upon the doc & the post delivery care one takes
    i was able to get back to my pre preganacy weight when baby was nearly 8 mths old.
    in the 1st mth after baby was born i suffered from piles.doc was surprised as c-section ladies do not normally suffer from it.the cause- i was taking too much sweets & no fiber.some of my friends who had normal birth had stitches to stop bleeding after birth which they said kept on hurting them till 15 -20 days after birth.
    so over all i found c-section delivery better.
    pragati

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Prameela, I had a last minute c-section too (it's almost 3 years now). The baby was 'distressed' so they had to open me up. But the next day itself I was up on my feet and no pain or anything. As Pragati says it all depends on your health during pregnancy (i mean proper exercise etc.,), proper post-delivery care. Infact my doc herself assured me that these days most doctors (i delivered in India) stitch up the vagina in case of normal delivery and it's also painful until it heals. So normal or c-section everything depends on how fit you're during pregnancy, the diet, weight gain and all these factors decide to a large extent your recovery period. I lost all the weight I gained during pregnancy (i gained 13 kgs) within 4 months. I used to walk even inside the hospital after the operation and eat lots of fruits and drink lots of water and juice (no sweets, snacks). Ofcourse if you have a c-section you've to be careful about bending, lifting weight until the doctor confirms the wound is healed (they do a check-up 6 weeks after delivery). But I understand even for normal delivery you've to be careful until the uterus shrinks to its original size. For upto 6 months after delivery I never bent suddenly to pick up anything... always sit down on my knees and then lift. I assure you i have no problems whatsoever, i lactated well, no back-pain nothing:) Latha

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Prameela,
    Medically speaking its better to have a normal delivery rather than a Ceserian. But I too ended up with a Ceserian and was walking within 2 days and looking after my baby as well. I had no back-pain (I was under gneral anasthesia not spinal) and no feeding problems (other than the usual pain/discomfort initially) and my incision healed completely in a week. Five months later I am doing everything - actually I started doing everything 6 weeks after delivery - including lifting weights/climbing stairs/abdominal sit-ups etc. and have absolutely no problems.
    I dont think feeding problems have anything to do with the way you deliver. Also all of us (normal/Ceserian) end up with sagging stomachs because of the stretch of abdominal muscles during pregnancy. You need to exercise if you want your flat stomach back :)

Vanathi.

8. SreejaJitin

SreejaJitin New IL'ite

Hi ,

I had normal delivery and it was very traumatic. I also hv heard that Normal delivery is better.But in my case, I had to suffer a lot. I spent 18 hours in labor room.Baby was a little big(3.5kg) and his head was also a little big.
    So I had to cope with the pain of stitches for 12-14 days. I could not walk or stand properly for at least a week.Also, I used to shiver and faint if stood for 5 mins continously!
    My friends and sis-in-law had caesarean without any complication. They said they had no problems afterwards also.

Cheers,
    Sreeja.