1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Delivery in India: Good idea or not, need advice

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by pallavibohra, Oct 27, 2007.

1. pallavibohra

pallavibohra New IL'ite

hi
    i am in dilemma ,should i go to india for dilevary in feb or remain her with my husband.iwhen i am here then i miss my parents and when i will in india i will miss my husbant.so confuse what to do.
    pallavi

2. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

hi Pallavi

in this case, the final decision can only be taken by u and ur husband, depending on ur comfort level.

do u have a support system there? u r definitely going to need help (and lots of it) after ur delivery. it will be a great strain on you both if u r planning to do it all by urself.

where is the baby likely to get better care? in india, ur family can look after ur baby and u can be relaxed too.

the best arrangement wud of course be to call somebody frm ur family in india to stay with u. if that can't be done , then may be u sh. go to india and ur husband can join u during the delivery time.....so that u can both welcome ur baby together.

good luck and take care.

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Pallavi,
    First of all congratulations! When are you due? As to your question I heartily second what essvee wrote - unless you have a really good support system in Norway, or your husband can take time off work and is willing to help with the baby (that includes diapers and baths and walking around with a crying baby, not to mention cooking, cleaning and laundry!), it may be better for you to come to India. I'm assuming you have a supportive family here of course. Not to scare you or anything but in the initial few weeks a baby is a lot of work. I just had one 3 mnths ago and even though my baby is a pretty good baby and rarely cries, the fatigue of delivery and the sleep deprivation which follows is difficult to handle by yourself. Also with a first baby you may benefit from having a few 'old' hands around you. Just my thoughts.....take all this into consideration before deciding. Good luck with whatever you decide....keep us updated!

Vanathi

4. geetageneral

geetageneral New IL'ite

Hi Pallavi,

I am in the same dilemma. Could you please share your experience.

Thank you

5. Mayaa2012

Mayaa2012 Bronze IL'ite

I'm also in the same dilemma.. I wanna go to my mom's place for delivery but I will miss my husband and his care during the last few weeks of wait.. :) But when it comes to experience, support and convenience going to your parents' place will be the best option! So the priority at this point is the baby and the care that you need after delivery! Make your heart a stone and say a temporary bye-bye to hubby! :(