Delivery experience at NMC Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by piyaj, Oct 17, 2015.

1. piyaj

piyaj New IL'ite

Hi,

Has anyone here been to NMC Abu Dhabi for their delivery? Can you please share your experience? Do they let your husband inside the labour ward?

Thanks
    Piya

2. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Priya
    Until the time other IL members respond. Pls call up the hospital and check with them.
    I delievered in welcare Dubai. My husband was allowed inside. I don't have an exp with NMC but normally hospitals allow.

3. piyaj

piyaj New IL'ite

Will do. Thanks for the update Shivani.

4. RuchaSh

RuchaSh New IL'ite

Hi Piyaj,

Did you go to NMC for the delivery at last? How was your experience?

I am 33 weeks pregnant now and I will be delivering at NMC as my insurance doesn't cover Brightpoint Royal Hospital. I have been going for the appointment at NMC daycare in MBZ and my doctor is very good but I am really worried about the delivery at NMC speciality in Abu dhabi. Please let me know ASAP about how did you find out NMC for the delivery and postnatal.

Also does anyone else have any idea about NMC?

5. piyaj

piyaj New IL'ite

Hi Rucha,
    My experience with NMC was good during my delivery. I did receive adequate care and attention. I suggest you get all your doubts regarding the process etc clarified with your doctor. Also try to attend their prenatal classes. They are pretty useful. I was discharged after 24 hours as I had a normal delivery. In terms of post natal care..they have a couple of routine check ups. Hope this clarifies.

6. RuchaSh

RuchaSh New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback, Piyaj. It has put my mind at ease little bit. I have an appointment with my doctor this weekend but I won't be transferred to NMC, Abu dhabi until 36th week. I am thinking of consulting Dr.Nayana Kumari there, who was your doctor? Which prenatal classes are you talking about? The one I attended was Prenatal yoga classes at Brightpoint Royal Hospital and I have one to one appointment with the nurse to discuss the birth process and pain relief options. Is that what you are saying or there are some other classes which I am not aware of? Please let me know so that I can confirm that from my doctor this weekend. Also, was your husband allowed with you for the delivery? I want my mother and husband with me during delivery hence I just wondered.

7. piyaj

piyaj New IL'ite

Hi Rucha,
    My doctor was Dr Sumathi. But I have heard Nayana is also good. NMC Speciality conducts their own classes for each trimester. You could call the hospital for their schedules. I am not aware of the ones at Brightpoint because I was only visiting NMC during the course of my pregnancy.
    Yes, they do allow one person (if I am not mistaken) into the labour ward. My husband was with me. There are rooms alloted once you get admitted. Only in the final stage of labour they move you into the labour suite/ward.
    Nayana should be able to guide you on the same.

8. RuchaSh

RuchaSh New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the information, Piyu. I will check about those classes this weekend with my doctor.

So did you have a baby girl or a boy? :)