1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Delivery at husbands place or parents house

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nicegirlradhi, Oct 19, 2012.

1. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies

I have this friend who was my classmate college and also we stay in the same locality now. We both are very good friends and now family friends as well (my husband has helped her husband while changing the job and referred his candidature to my DH cousin who works for MNC)

Now for her problem. She is pregnant now and carrying for six months. She had miscarriage one and half yrs back and this is the second time. Her parents want her to take to their home, which is another place(it’s a town and not as big as a state capital).

But her husband is saying no to that and says that he wants her to deliver here itself. My friend’s parents are not happy with this as she is their only girl child. They want to do baby shower and take care of their daughter during pregnancy which is a very common practice in south india.

Friend’s husband is saying that she already had a miscarriage and don’t want to take chance by sending her to other place. He is saying that his mom will be here to help her during delivery and after delivery she can go to her parents place for some days.

My friend is very confused and really stressed because of this as she feels that it will be good if she can go to her parents’ house. She is saying that her father is worried their relatives might comment if his daughter delivers at husband place. Also she doesn't want to hurt her husband and wants to go with his consent only.

Please suggest how can she address this issue. She is on ML from this 15th so I have suggested her to take rest for some days before taking any decision

2. revathysankar

revathysankar Silver IL'ite

HI,

Its better to go to her parents home.. Because parents only can understand their daughter feeling. Ok because of mis carriage her hus doesn wants to send her to parents home means ask her parents to take a home for rent by the side till delivery and stay with her.. instead of mother in law her mother support affection is needed for delivery and she will wish her mother to be by her side by this time since its girls nature..
    congrates for your friend and best wishes for her safe delivery..

my opinion is better to be with her parents or else parents can stay with her

1 person likes this.
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

She has to go to her parents's place or ask them to come and take care of her at her place.

2 people like this.
  4. shiviz

shiviz Gold IL'ite

Hi ,

Though the reason is different i was staying in my husband's place during my first delivery. :-(.
    Still i am regret for that. I am missing those lovely days spent with my mom . Her cooking, care everything.
    Ask u r friend to go to her moms place. Nobody can replace moms love affection care especially on this time(during pregnancy). MIL s are always MILS how much they r good they cant be a mom. The moral support and the care given by mom cannot be replaced by anyone.

2 people like this.
  5. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

She should stay with DH and she can call her mom here with her...BCz she already passed thought...with miscarriage...so no need to take risk..thatz better for her and baby...
    So this way she can stay with DH and with mom...

1 person likes this.
  6. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

I think, she can go to her moms place during the 9th month. Anyway, it would be better that if her mother comes to help her instead of MIL. She would feel more comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  7. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

I understand your point shiviz. but the problem is her husband is not accepting her going to parents place.
    He is a good guy and my friend is happy with him. So she doesnt want to hurt him. Thats the real problem

8. shiviz

shiviz Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Even though my mom was staying with me during those days she couldn do anything freely like in our home as both my PIL are staying with us. For everything, she need to ask my MIL and its not tat much good idea to bring ur mom to u r place where u r PIL s are also staying.

2 people like this.
  9. shiviz

shiviz Gold IL'ite

Ask her to explain to him. Its the most critical time and she needs her parents (especially moms) support and care badly.If he s good and caring hope he should understand.

1 person likes this.
  10. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Doesnt he bother about hurting her?! that too during a time when she needs all the love and support she can get. strange....

1 person likes this.