1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Delivering 2nd Baby In India

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ILUser07, May 23, 2018.

1. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

I see your problem if it’s not possible fir your mom to come for delivery can you manage with some domestic help ..? How old is your elder one ..do you have some close friends or relatives who can help you for a week or so ..

In US after delivery you can manage alone belive me I did that even with a complicated surgery nurses are awesome hospital provides food for you they will take care of everything ..

blooms4me likes this.
  2. blooms4me

blooms4me Bronze IL'ite

@ILUser07,
    Do as you feel comfortable. If u feel u really need someone to help you out, you could bring someone else for help instead of your parents, if they cant travel. If you both can manage things together here as a family, it will only bring you all closer. This is YOUR family. These hardships are only going to be temporary. But if you really want to go to India and be with your parents, do so, but don't do it for the wrong reasons. If its going to create problems in your married life, I suggest you stay. Many talk about the citizenship. That is a valid point if you plan to live in USA and educate your children here. In that case, both your kids would get different benefits if they have different citizenships (not just after 18 years, even before that). I suggest you stay and work through your marriage. I feel after marriage, going and staying with your parents for a long period should be avoided if possible. Dont let all this tension affect you and yiur baby. I am sure you will make the right decision for you and your family, whatever it may be. Take care

3. blooms4me

blooms4me Bronze IL'ite

Yup me too. I had no help. I had a C section. It was only my husband and me. But it only pushed us to grow and get closer

4. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Lucky you. My husband could not take any stress. He is helpful now. But when times come where he has to compromise sleep, he will go mad. If his parents or mine comes, he will totally relax and even expects everything to be served right to his mouth. He is already expecting help from 3rd month. I told him about my dads surgery and he was like.. " ohh thats a minor thing, they should be able to come in a month". If that doesn't work, he will call MIL which I dont want because of what I've gone through with my first pregnancy.

5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

For people who are advising OP to stay in US please read her past threads. I'm with her on this. She needs a break from her husband's anger issue. This seperation will help her to make a decision for future. Maybe husband also will miss the family and comes around . @ILUser07 Please do the needful to take care of you. There is nothing wrong to be selfish in your situation. You and your parents have suffered enough because of your husband's anger problems. Any country citizenship will not erase your pain . Have a safe pregnancy.

6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

WHen did i ask op to delivere in india??:eek:

7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

OP- do whatever feels best to you! You know your situation. Pregnancy, delivery, and taking care of kids-everything is possible without external help but not everything by yourself. Your husband will need to work side by side and if he is not ready to do so, don’t hesitate to ho to India. Indian vs USA citizenship doesn’t matter. I was born and raised in a village in India and went to Government schools. If I can secure a position in one of the best universities in the USA, I think a child with all the facilities available to him/her with any citizenship can do so too.
    Only thing I would suggest you is not to be adamant on 2 year stay in India. After 6 months or a year you might want to join your husband. Play it by ear and see what feels right to you.
    Good luck with everything!

shama146, sweetsmiley and blooms4me like this.