Delhi Visit

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Delhi' started by blossom28, Dec 14, 2011.

1. blossom28

blossom28 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I'm planning to visit New Delhi next month. I'm so excited to visit new Delhi cos it's gonna be my first visit to North India. I have booked thru a Travel agency for Agra - Jaipur trip and for Delhi tour I just wanted to explore personally.

Will there shops in Central market and other Tourist destinations in Delhi open on sundays?? I'm eagerly waiting for a reply from Ladies in Delhi.

Warm Regards,

2. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Blossom

There cannot be a better time to visit Delhi. Its winter and you can enjoy a very cold weather there. Pls. carry warm clothes or you can buy also. Delhi markets are such that each area will have different weekly off days. For eg. Karol Bagh markets will be closed on Mondays. But all areas will also have a big sale / road side bazaaar of all items on one day of every week.... eg. Janakpuri will have Sani Bazaar on Saturdays. Pin to vegetables to cosmetics to dresses etc.... will be available road side. These are economy market.

If you visit Sarojini Market you can buy every item there. High End market is in South Extention, Connaught Place, Karol Bagh, Lajpat Nagar, Khan Market........ every area will have its own market place, a park etc... etc...

Delhi is a very big city far and wide and there are many markets / road side markets / eateries like chikkis, chat items, tikki etc on the road side. You pls. tell where you plan to stay and I can suggest you places accordingly.

You can visit Parliament building, Jantar Mantar, Lotus temple, Swami Narayan Mandir, Shanti path, Shakti sthal, Rashtrapathi Bhavan, South Block / North Block, Gurgaon, Gurudwara Bangla Saheb, Birla Mandir........... there are many many places to visit in Delhi.

Happy Delhi visit..
    Shanti