Delhi ki shaan Metro Rail hai ya Nahi?

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by MrignayniBansal, May 10, 2008.

1. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

The Government of India and the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi, in equal partnership have set up a company named Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. under the Companies Act,1956.

1) Delhi has all the ideal dress-up for an excellent Mass Rapid Transit System to be brought in. It has wide roads where road possession for construction is not difficult.

2) Delhi has an unassailable advantage in its excellent railway network comprising two rings and six spurs totaling about 120 KM within the urban area.

3) Some 600,000 commuters already use the metro daily, cutting road traffic and helping reduce Delhi's pollution by a third.

4) "The Delhi Metro is a perfect example of how a government project can be done properly

5) "The metro has cut travel time by almost 75 percent. Earlier people travelled from home by bus, which cost them Rs 80. Now they pay only Rs 14.

In my opinion, after facing some difficulties during the implementation phase all Delhites are now very much enlightened with the introduction of people friendly MRTS.

Aap logo ki kya rai hai Delhi Metro ke baare mein.

2. NamitaPradhan

NamitaPradhan New IL'ite

Hi Mrignayni,

Nice thread you have started.

The Delhi Metro wins our heart.It has made life comfortable and easier for DelhiWasi. The metro has helped commuters to avoid the dust and crime of Delhi roads, traffic rush, crowded buses etc.

Few things i like very much about Delhi Metro,
    1) Unlike Kolkata Metro It is not fully underground.

2) All metro stations are well-lit, air-conditioned and the system map, ticket and fare information charts are displayed prominently inside the station.

3) Parking of personal vehicles is allowed at most of the metro stations.

4)The walls of the station are covered in murals done by artists. Kiosks selling coffee, snacks , cell-phone cards, home-loans etc. are a common sight.

5) Elevators are provided for entrance and exit from the platform, but physically challenged people ,senior citizens and those in need can use lifts.

6)The train frequency on average is quiet good.

7) Security guards are provided inside each metro train, so travelling late in the evening is quite safe.

8)Types of Ticket as per individual requirement like Amart Card,Tourist Card or token

One thing I personally don't like that no toilet facilities inside most of the metro station.Neverheless Metro is a rocking.Definitely,it is shaan of Delhi.

3. sudarshana

sudarshana New IL'ite

Hi
    @Mrignayani
    Nice Thread

Delhi ki shan Metro Rail hi hai....isimme koi shak nahi hai..
    I only find advantages and not any disadvantages with this Metro Railway
    There is cleanliness puntuality and discipline which is needed .
    Metro Railway is well secured as security plays a greater part while travelling whether its for a lady or a man.ITs needed and Metro Railway nicely provides that.
    ..I agree with you......

Sudarshana

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  4. manjeeta_kaur

manjeeta_kaur New IL'ite

Hey
    Good Thread!!
    I had been to Delhi quite a lot of times and I find it to be the best way out in Delhi as communication and to be very honest the transportation system in Delhi is panicstriken.,they charge anything as they feel like, so Delhi ki kudiyon dont mind, this thing is Delhi is very bad and a truth.So I prefer the Metro which is indeed like "Delhi ki Shaan"

Manjeeta

5. nabanitapain

nabanitapain Senior IL'ite

Nice thread and true statement...Metro is indeed Delhi ki shaan....

6. snigdha.jadhav

snigdha.jadhav New IL'ite

Hi all,

Sure Delhi has changed a lot after 2002 when Delhi Metro came to city.
    Now I can do very comfortable and easy journry.The Metro is lifeline of Delhi.
    Moreover I found nowadays Auto become expensive there while you can enjoy cheap journey in Metro.
    And there is no hazzel at all like in travelling in Buses.

Truly Metro is Shaan of Delhi.

7. snigdha.jadhav

snigdha.jadhav New IL'ite

Hi all,

How are you doing all?

Don't you think Metro train should be all over India.I mean atleast in big cities like Hyderabad,Bombay,B'lore and Pune.

The journey is so comfortable in metro trail.But nowday lots of rush is there.But anyhow it is better atleast you can stand in AC.As Delhi hot weather is very horrible.

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Metro rail was planned for Mumbai in the early 90's, politicians played games and let it rest. Finally it is being considered and let me see what is the outcome!

9. aahna

aahna New IL'ite

Han han suna hai Delhi Metro ki shan. I had a very good experience in Metro.
    Well it started like this, I was mesmerized that I will be traveling in the so called fame of Delhi. I got up in the train to go to Nizamuddin. Who knew, that my excitement will bring me a sudden shock? I lost my purse containing Rs.5000/- and the gold earings my mother had given me. I still regret that I lost the gift given by my mom. Purse kho gaya, metro ki yaad reh gayi!
    Kair buri yaadon se train buri nahi hui, Metro Delhi ki shan hi rahegi. I will still be excited to get on the metro but this time without a purse. I will really appreciate more experiences in the Metro, does anyone have any?

Aahna

10. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

Delhi's metro offers cheap, comfortable, safe and airconditioned travel in Delhi. During the recent elections in Delhi, I had Election Duty at a MCD school in Moti Nagar. The metro made it very simple. I just caught the Metro from Pragati Maidan and got down at Moti Nagar. On the day of elections, metro trains were up and running at 4 am in the morning. Many of my co- passengers were also on election duty and were full of praise for the punctuality of the metro trains. No doubt it was a great help for woman employees on Election Duty.
    Delhi ki metro rail mujhe bahut pasand hai.