Delhi in Swine Flu Scare

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by kk2009, Aug 14, 2009.

1. kk2009

kk2009 New IL'ite

Swine flu cases are increasing in Delhi and it has really scared the hell out of everyone. People are roaming around with masks on the roads and have actually started avoiding crowded places.

What precautions are you taking to guard yourself from swine flu?

2. Noor01

Noor01 Senior IL'ite

This is a dangerous virus. first it was found only in the swines. But the main thing of the virus is that it mutates itself into the cell it is attacking. And mostly it attacks the lungs.

The most common precautions that can be taken is Cover your mouth and nose with a scarf or with a face mask.

Avoid crowded places as much as you can. And the most important thing is if you diet is good enough then you have the resistant power otherwise swine flu can affect quickly.

Testing has shown that it can be treated with the anti-viral drugs oseltamivir (Tamiflu) and zamanivir (Relenza), which stop the virus from replicating inside your body. They do not have much of side effect but if you can see the symptoms then better have one..

3. monicrazy

monicrazy New IL'ite

Thankfully the hysteria has calmed down and I think we should thank Lord Krishna for this... No, not because he answered our prayers or something, but because his Birthday diverted people's attention and people stopped panicking for no reason...
    :thumbsup

JAI SHRI KRISHNA

4. bappika007

bappika007 Senior IL'ite

I feel to some extent you are right Monicrazy, but you know diverting minds may sometime make people casual not non alert. This results in becoming victims of the Scare... Swine Flu..

Though I hope people will take preventive measures for the same.. I would pray that this epidemic dosent spread..

5. loveleen001

loveleen001 Senior IL'ite

I was just looking, that the scare of swine flu has gone so high.. But seriously only a few have been the victims infact the precautions taken in response to it is high...

People are roaming with a mask around their faces...

Maybe this is one of the reason the epidemic dint spread so much.... Isn't it..