Delhi Haat - Great Cuisine

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Delhi' started by mallika22, Apr 18, 2010.

1. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

Calling all Delhites who long for authentic Old Delhi Cuisine!
    The Delhi Haat near INA is currently hosting a food festival of Purani Dilli cuisine. It looks like that the best of Purani Dilli cuisine has traveled to Delhi Haat – name your choice whether it is ice cream, or nahari or kheer or even paranthes from paranthe wali gali.
    As far as paranthes are concerned you can get everything from hari mirch, tamatar, bhindi, nimbu , pudhina or karele variations. Then there are stalls selling Qorma , Biryani and Pasanda rolls. All in all there are nearly twenty such stalls from the heart of Old Delhi whipping up great dishes just for you.

Similar Threads
    1. MansiS
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Prema88
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Thyagarajan
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

I visited Delhi Haat yesterday and had a great time there. I enjoyed the non- veg delicacies on offer. In addition, I found an opportunity to indulge my sweet tooth. There are a couple of kheer stalls and if you are a chuski lover like me, you could take your pick from the stall of Md. Gulzar who has the following chuski flavours namely rose, masala lemon, khus, orange and kala khataa.
    My own favorite is the West Bengal stall at Dilli Haat. There is an outlet of the famous Kolkata outfit - Bijoli Grill and I simply must have their fish preparations.:thumbsup

3. Isabel66

Isabel66 Junior IL'ite

Yes, it is true that Delhi Haat has an amazing variety of dishes on offer. In addition they are available at down-to-earth prices.My own favorite are the momos and fruit beer at the Nagaland stall.
    :cheers