1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Delhi- Comedy story imitating Mani Rathnam's Bombay

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Episode 1:

Immediately after the assessination of Mrs. Indira Gandhi, a riot breaks out in which the followers of Madam Gandhi chase sardarjis and attck them. Our hero, Inder Singh running to esacpe the hooligans takes asylum in a madrasi home.

Now, the madrasi home is that of Mr. Punjabakesan who works in the secretariat, his son, DIL and their cute baby and of course his teenage daughter. Inder Singh knocks on the door frantically and when PK (Punjabakesan for short) opens the door runs and hides in the daughter's room bolting the door from inside.

PK (shouting to his wife in kitchen): Paaru, this dhadi fellow is hiding in our daughter's room. My legs and hands are shivering what I will do?

Paaru (from inside the kitchen): Go and ask him to come out.

PK: O, dhadi fellow, come out. You can't stay in there.

Inder Singh: Why uncle? Your daughter is nice. When I entered her room she was fast asleep. But, she opened her eyes, saw me and said 'Good Morning, Dad' and went back to sleep.

PK: No, it is not correct. You are that and she is this. So, you cannot stay in there.

Suddenly, from inside the room a shreiking sound comes.

PK: Waht is that sound? What is that sound?

Inder Singh (laughing): Nothing uncle. Your daughter opened her eyes fully and when she saw me she gave the sound. Now, she is laughing.
    PK's daughter (opening the door): Hi, daddy. What is this and that you were telling?

Right at that time Paaru joins them and says 'where is that boy who came running as if his house is on fire'.

PK: Ha, fire is the word I was searching. he tells his daughter,' You are this i.e panju or cotton and the dhadi fellow is that i.e fire and if you are together...

PK's daughter: The house will be lighted and we don't have to pay electricity bill, ha ha ha.

Meanwhile, there are several knockings on the door and so PK himself pushes Inder Singh inside his daughter's room and ask them to bolt from inside. After that he goes and opens the door. There a number of people with sticks, knives in their hands are standing. One of them speaks.

H1 (hooligan 1): Maaph karo, saab. Idar koi sardarji aaya hai kya? ( excuse me sir, here any sardarji has come?)

PK (since he does not know proper Hindi): Nai, nai. Idar madrasi aaya hai, sardaji aaya nai (here we have aaya from Madras and not sardarji aaya-aaya means maiden).

H2 (hooligan 2): Saab ko hindi achi thrah maloom nahi lagtha hai. Mein bathatha hoom. Saabji, idar sardarji cum? ( Sir does not know hindi well, let me tell him. Sir, here any sardarji come?)

PK: Sardarji cum nai jaada hai (he means sardarjis are plenty in the area).

H1 (beating his head): Are bewakoof, here any one with clothe on the head?

Right then Paaru joins them and she has the towel around her hair after bath.

PK: Oh, no. Paaru go inside.

H1: Are, hum time ko barbad karthe hai is bewakoof ke saath. Chalo, doosron ko dhoondenge (Oh, we are wasting our time with this idiot. Let us go and find others). They all leave and PK closes the door with a deep sigh which is short-lived as he hears this song from inside his daughter's room.

Ek ho gaye hum aur tum to ud gayi neendein re
    Aur khanki paayal masti mein to kangan khanke re
    Bhalle bhalle bhalle bahlle
    Hey bhalle bhalle bhalle

PK's daughter translates the song into Tamil and sings

அந்த யமுனா நதியோரம்
    ஒரு அழகைக் கண்டேனே
    அவள் கூந்தல் விரிய விரிய
    சௌரி கண்டேனே
    பலே பலே பல்ல பல்ல பலே
    யாகூம் யாகூம் யாகூ யாகூ யாகூம்

To be continued....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear TDU,

I am sure it must be great Comedy. Can't read Hindi.:cry: I nead subtitles.

3. Tamildownunder

I think I have given english translation of all hindi dialogues in brackets. Yes, for the song I have not given and I actually I want to post it in Tamil. Thanks for your quick response.

Regards,

TDU

4. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

TDU sir,
    sorry sir, I just realized it. :-D

5. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

TDU sir,

Another nice comedy story....
    waiting for the next......

6. Tamildownunder

Thanks, slp807. Yes, I will post the rest shortly.

Regards,

TDU

7. Tamildownunder

Dear ILites,

I thank all those who have posted their response here. I thought that good comedies will be welcome in IL. But, it looks like ILites have their own preferences.

Regards,

TDU

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good one...
    How come I missed this thread??

~Punitha

9. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

TDU sir,
    I liked the conversations between hooligan and PK very much. I also like the combo of Hindi, Tamil and English dialogues.

10. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

TDU Sir,

Had I not seen the link to this comedy in your signature line, I would have missed it. Very humourous, Sir. PK is a funny man with his shivers and his loss for words. I enjoyed the Hindi and Tamil dialogues and songs. :2thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.