1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Delhi-Comedy story imitating mani Rathnam's Bombay-Part 4

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

P.K: (Knocking on his daughter's room door): Murugan, come out. I gave you asylum to protect you from hooligans. But, here you are singing and dancing.

Murugan and P.K's daughter come out. Raghavan also joins.

P.K: Murugan, your parents will be worrying waht happened to you, so please go to your house.

P.K's daughter: Dad, how Murugan will go? Still his dhadi and turban could not be removed and if he goes like this they will catch Murgan like murgi. Ha ha ha.

Raghavan: Don't worry, Dad I will take Murugan to my room and will somehow remove his beard and turban.

P.K: Thanks, Raghava.

Raghavan takes Murugan to do the operations. P.K. heaves a sigh of releif which is again short-lived as he hears desparate knockings on the door.

P.K: Muruga, naan inniku yaar mukathile mulicheno! (O, Lord Muruga, today while getting up whose face did I see?)

Murugan coming out of Raghavan's room: Sir, Koopiteengala! (Sir, did you call me?)

P.K: Ada unnai illaiappa, naan antha Dandayuthapanaiyai koopiten. Avan ennai nirayuthapaniya nikka vaichu intha dhadi kaaral moolama ennai padutharan ( No, not you. I called Lord Dandayuthapani (another name for Lord Karthikeya) who has made me stand armless in front of these sardarjis). He then pushes Murugan into Raghavan's room as the knockings become louder. He opens the door and there Inder Singh is standing.

P.K: Who are you and why have you come here? You don't seem to be a sardarji.

Inder Singh: Uncle, don't you remember me? I am Inder Singh who came first and you had removed my turban and dhadi.

P.K: O, Bhundar Singh. What for you have come now? Didn't you go home?

Inder Singh: I was going home uncle and I suddenly remembered that my father had told me to remove the turban to escape from the hooligans, but bring with me. I have left it behind here and if I go without it my father will be upset.

P. K's daughter who comes there gets excited on seeing Inder Singh. She says, " Hi, Inder. I know you will come back. You have not completed the Bhalle bhalle song. Come on, start.

P.K: Stop. He has not come to sing a song, but to take his turban back.

P.K's daughter, Inder Singh and P.K start looking for the turban and suddenly P.K's daughter laughs loudly as she spots the turban perched on the half-bust statue of Gandhiji.

P.K's daughter: Dad, see how cute Gandhiji looks with turban.

Right at that time Raghavan brings Murugan after removing his beard and dhadi and he is surprised to see Inder Singh.

Raghavan: Dad, who is this person? He looks exactly like Murugan minus his dhadi and turban. Then only P.K and his daughter notice the close resemblence.

P.K makes both of them stand next to each other and says, " Ada Rama, rendu perum twins maathiri irukale", ( O, Rama they both look like twins).

P.K's daughter: Dad, I am getting confused. How to find who is Inder and who is Murugan?

Raghavan: Don't worry. If I slap both of them, Inder will shout 'Ma' and Murugan will shout 'Amma' and you can find out who is who. O.K.

So saying Raghavan slaps both of them and both shout 'Mummy'.

P.K: Ayyo, Rama, what is this confusion?

Raghavan: Dad, don't worry I will take both of them to my room and put the dhadi and turban back which I had removed from Murugan. Of the two who fits best with those things will be Murugan and the other will be Inder, O.K. raghavan takes both to his room.

P.K: Raghavan illata naan alladi poirupen intha dhadikarangali vaichindu. ( But for Raghavan I would have suffered with this sardarjis).

So saying he heaves a sigh of relief which is as usual short-lived as there are loud knocks on the door.

To be continued....

1 person likes this.

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear TDU sir,

Thought I liked other earlier episodes. I found this episode more funny and enjoyable with the confusion of who is Inder and who is Murugan.

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

TDU sir,
    Enjoyed reading! I think the twist has started.
    Looking forward to read the next episode.

4. ShruthiAKotian

ShruthiAKotian Bronze IL'ite

Hey Tamildownunder,

I loved reading these 4 parts but just wanted to know if there are any more written regarding this.

5. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Great fun, TDU, now I am searchign for the other parts :)

6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Interesting and eagerly waiting for the next post.....

Shanti