Delay In Completion Of House. When Will We Shift To Our New Home ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sweetygal, Jul 15, 2021.

1. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

Our house construction is getting delayed due to lock own and other issues. I thought it will complete by March April and now it's July and not yet. At this rate , it may be complete by october. But God only knows. I am very depressed due to this. I really want to move out.

Sorry, the post ended as my ranting. I wanted to ask how I can remain positive till the completion of construction.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2021

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Are any of the other issues in "YOUR CONTROL" ?
    If not, you should be thankful that everyone who is supposed to move into the new house is free of the virus, and the lockdown has helped to keep it that way.
    Open house after the Lock down will be as much happier if everyone is healthy and enjoy the new smell of the house. Covid-19 has been notorious for knocking out the smelling ability. Count your bricks..... or blessings. Whatever helps, do that count.... until the construction is over.

3. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. I know that I m being stupid trying to control things not in my hands. As u said that now my family is atleast free of virus n healthy, I should be thankful. I m usually a optimistic person but certain days I just cant control my emotions and think positive. Today I feel better compared to yday , still can anyone tell me how can I engage myself. How can I distract myself from thinking too much

4. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

how you can engage yourself is something only you can know.

However, distracting yourself from thinking too much is a procedure that is easier. There are a couple of spots in your head that can induce temporary amnesia. You would need to hit those spots with a rubber mallet [ like the one you see in doctor's offices to check your reflexes], and do it with some force. An acupuncturist or even a western doctor may know the exact spot. Consult one to help you with identifying the spots. People on the internet will not know your head size, and give you some good advice on how to locate the sweet spot. Once you get good at it, you can use your mallet and relax. Nothing will worry or bother you anymore.