Deepika's Dance With Vin Diesel

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by luvmygirlnbean, Jan 14, 2017.

1. luvmygirlnbean

luvmygirlnbean Silver IL'ite

I am all for "Live and Let live", i don't care much about who wears what but today I stumbled upon Deepika's dance with Vin Diesel from last evening and I could not help but feel irritated with her attire. I believe everyone has right to dress what they feel like but when I saw her move with that dress, it made me wonder how comfortable one can be with that crowd staring at your parts. Duh! I guess there is no purpose for this thread just a rant:grimacing:

rajeswarisatulu and AnooSA like this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I posted a similar thread and I was not even bothered about her dress.I could not understand why whenever any Hollywood actor comes to India,they make them do the lungi dance.They also seem uncomfortable and try to go with the flow..feel bad for them

Honestly,in my opinion kangana wore the same dress years back and she shocked me but in a nice way.confident and edgy.To wear something like that takes lot of guts but for some reason when deepika wore it I felt she was trying too hard to look very liberated and cool.

Personally,absolutely loathe those kind of clothes which shows lot of clevage but I rather be diplomatic and say hey it's her choice :) and true it is her choice anyways

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    SGBV, AnooSA and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. luvmygirlnbean

Yes! I remember Kangana's and I felt she kind of pulled the look quite well (I like the lady)while Deepika's was irritating. Again its just my opinion : )

anika987 likes this.
  4. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Yeah i totally agree... Kangana carried herself well...i see PC (Priyanka Chopra)wearing similar dress a lot espl. for golden globe award functions...For some reason, it wasn't looking as bad as Deepika's ....And that too dancing with such a dress...OMG...Bollywood is going crazy....

anika987 likes this.
  5. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

@anika987 , Rightly said.... Also, i donno why she would give such a welcome with Band music etc right in front of airport... I feel like in a way we are celebrating foreigners a lot , indirectly considering ourselves inferior to them...
    No one welcomes like this in US or other countries...

rajeswarisatulu, Amica and anika987 like this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Nothing makes me cringe more than this clip:

:facepalm:

ETA: Start watching at 6:07.

Rihana and anika987 like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Oh god! The entire clip is too much..why everyone overacts once they go to Hollywood?be it ash,pc or DP ??

The dance..omg that's so embarrassing

8. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Some dresses are for red carpet and some are for dancing. Poor Deepika didn't know that! She just decided to go risque and then realized she had to dance. Obviously, she is uncomfortable. And why would you wear such dresses in crowds? I know we need to be more sophisticated and look past that. But of course, her intention is to get our attention by dressing like that, so it is kind of a paradox. Anyways, wearing such dresses to golden globes and oscars red carpet in the US where you are surrounded by other similarly dressed celebrities is different from wearing them in public among indian crowds. India is still a country with pockets. Pockets of illiterate, uncouth minds which exist right next to metrosexual, sophisticated minds. And that stupid lungi dance schtick is getting old and not funny.

Don't even get me started on Priyanka and her stupid fake accent, fake mannerisms, fake laugh, fake head movement ugh!! And what was she doing the towel dance for? I cannot cringe anymore!

SGBV, Rihana, rajeswarisatulu and 4 others like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Why they have to talk like this in phoren interviews? OK such dance moves are part of Bollywood movies, but there is so much more.. why put down Indian cinema like this!

ashima10, luvmygirlnbean and anika987 like this.
  10. luvmygirlnbean

Agree especially with Priyanka's fake accent and fake mannerisms . When I started watching Quantico I had hard time following her dialogues :neutral: . Also Ash annoys me with her unnecessary giggles if you have watched her interview with Oprah.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Vennella likes this.